Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unreal Engine 4 Visual Effects

Just want to share this video for those who haven't watched it yet

And I can get to mess around with this technology!! 0.0... woohoo blown away.

Comment

that is just waaayyyy cool... good work guys

Comment

I wanna make love to that sexy editor UI!!

Comment

Its very cool that they have addet a light effect to the particles

Comment

wouldn't that just be giving an emmisive attribute to each particle by the millions... ack... i can feel my computer creeking and lurching down to 2fps (smoke billowing from the back)... those guys are really raising it up to the next level...

Comment

No, emissive at the moment doesn't actually emit light unless you are doing static lighting, UE4 can add a light for each particle (deferred rendering)

Comment

aha!... well just goes to show, you can teach an old dog new tricks...

funny... it was creating my own fire particle, that actually looked like fire, that sparked my interest in udk... something that i built myself from scratch, and then seeing it on the screen, was kindof a 'wow!' moment for me... just goes to show, sometimes it's just the little-ist of things...

i always use static lighting since dynamic slows me down too much, and my mission/vision is not as grand as udk's... but as i understand it, lighting is kind of the holy grail to game engines... cudo's to you guy's for dreaming, seeing, and refusing to accept that these things are out of reach... i'm sure there was alot of blood, sweat, and tears in dreaming the impossible dream... i never have accepted defeat gracefully either... cudo's for pushing it through to the next level...

Comment

Originally posted by seenooh View Post
                  I wanna make love to that sexy editor UI!!
                  lol... i had to clean up a little drool myself

Comment

All they need now is... you know... an ocean shader. *cough* *CryEngine* *cough*

Comment

The lights are basically normal point lights, but can be emitted like particles.

The system is very similar to UDK, the only significant changes are vector fields, lit particles, and adding lights to the emitter (the latter of which should have been in UDK and many studios added to their own UE3 branches anyway).

Comment

Originally posted by Kridian View Post
                        All they need now is... you know... an ocean shader. *cough* *CryEngine* *cough*
                        Or you can make your own

Comment

lol. And as darthviper said, so check out seenooh's link above and his tutorial section http://www.alhasanstudio.com/ Also I saw another excellent ocean tut on these forums somewhere. Edit here: http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...r-Flow-For-UDK

UT4 still blown away seems each new UT development adds more realism and configurability. With UT4 in progress it's still hard for me to imagine UDK being dated, but probably 'dated' is the wrong word, improved modernized, polished...? Meh even that's hard to imagine but it's being done.

Comment

You know what is the biggest problem with Cryengine people?
                            They are bunch of clowns who do not take seriously (not even attempt to) indie developers. Couple of months ago I've tried to contact them, explained in my email to them, who am I, what I want, what I would like to give in return, etc, etc - couple of months later - not even reply from them. Nothing, zero!
                            Identical email sent to Epic people, got reply within 24h, in which I got explanation to EVERY question I've risen, and explanation on what are the steps in order to use UE3. Simply put professionals. That's why I am with Epic, that's why I respect them so much and that's why I never want to touch Cryengine. The reason is simple - I do not deal with clowns. I am professional and I deal only with professionals, Epic is simply the best.
                            And as for graphics? UE4 simply rocks and I only wish that you can use its whole power.

Comment

well... not that anyone really pays attention to an ol' raggedy mans uneven scrawl... but being as we project ourselves as one step above barbarians, i try not to impale any humans against the stark sun, as we tumble through the dark universe on a sometimes unforgiving planetary rock with an unknown future in our ever so delicate thin ocean of air... but i will admit that in my half-hour entanglement with cry... it did feel a bit cold to the touch... i suppose life is what we make it, and that is how they decided to make it...

Comment

Working...
                              X