Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you delete materials off of a brush?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you delete materials off of a brush?

I literally cannot find an answer anywhere. Apparently I have too many materials layered on eachother so I need to delete them. (They show black when building my lighting)

I don't think it's possible to 'layer' materials on brushes; a brush surface only ever has one material. Are you sure that's causing the error?

Comment

It said something about having too many layers of uv or something when I tried to play it

Comment

It's worth taking a screenshot of the error message rather than being vague.

Comment

I'm not currently able to access my computer, sorry.

I can when I get home. But all I can tell you now is that said surfaces appear solid black after building the lighting and testing in the editor

Comment

Oh, you are talking about overlapping UV's. You sure you are using bsp and it's not a static mesh?

Comment

What type of material are you talking about? Is this one a static or skeletal mesh? Is it a landscape material? There is a limit of about 10 textures/layers for landscapes material if I remember correctly.

Comment

Yes I'm quite sure its a bsp brush. I don't know what type because I cant remember nor can I access them. Pressing f5 (surface properties) only brings up the uv adjustment menu. I just want to know how to remove any materials applied to a brush, in my case, the floor

Comment

I don't think it's a material issue, it must be related to overlapping UV's, considering the error you are getting, but i don't have much of an experience with bsp's so i don't know how UV's work with them. :\

Comment

Here is a screenshot of what I'm seeing, also after building lighting I get 2 errors that say 'Warning object has overlapping UV's!'

I still don't know what to do :/

Comment

Fixed, thanks for the help

Comment

Working...
                      X