Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

surprisingly large log

no,i haven't had a big dinner.
    seriously though,it reached 8.9 gb(yes gigabyte) yesterday.the editor itself is not generating this large file.it is only when I run the game.
    I first noticed this about a year ago,udk would start taking ages to load-up to 20 mins.deleting the log sorted the problem so this is what ive been doing but it has just occurred to me that my packaged game might create this large file on other peoples machines which is obviously not good.
    I cant even open such a large text file to see what it says.what on earth could udk have to say that could fill a 8.9 gb file.

A lot of "Accessed None" every tick would easily do that. Make sure you're always checking that something exists before trying to use it:

Code:
    if(Something != none)
        Something.foo();
    Try running your game for a short amount of time then exiting to see if it makes a smaller log file you can open.

Comment

ok,these are the 2 offending objects.

Code:
      [0086.17] Log: AActor::SyncActorToRBPhysics: Invalid or Missing BodyInstance in CollisionComponent. (check to make certain your object actually has a collision volume) for: UTKActor DA-boltons-2013_mk9b.TheWorld:PersistentLevel.UTKActor_290  CollisionComp: StaticMesh boltons-01.Mesh.carbouy  StaticMeshComponent_192 DetailedInfo: boltons-01.Mesh.carbouy
      [0086.17] Log: AActor::SyncActorToRBPhysics: Invalid or Missing BodyInstance in CollisionComponent. (check to make certain your object actually has a collision volume) for: UTKActor DA-boltons-2013_mk9b.TheWorld:PersistentLevel.UTKActor_186  CollisionComp: StaticMesh boltons-01.Mesh.stillage  StaticMeshComponent_602 DetailedInfo: boltons-01.Mesh.stillage
      there are a couple of hundred of each in this level so logging this message for each over and over again is the problem.
      ive looked at the meshes and redone the collision for each but it makes no difference.
      I will make new meshes and delete the old ones,but it would be nice to know why this has happened.

thanks for the help so far.

Comment

I would certainly get this fixed as spamming the log with that many errors will seriously impair performance, not just the file size. If you can't fix it make a new thread specifically about the error and show the mesh, parameters and maybe some code (are these KActors or your own class?)

Comment

for some reason udk did not like per poly collision on these 2 meshes.i have rebuilt the meshes from scratch and all is fine now.there may have been a coplanar face or two on the old meshes.
          thanks for the help guys.

Comment

Working...
          X