X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by Graylord View Post
    What? No!

Don't produce anything with the likeness of anything without a license.

Concepts are subject to copyright as soon as they are born. Digital, physical, free or commercial.
    Sorry,
    what I meant to say was that I would make my own weapons, just like the borderlands games (they make their own guns, but im not making them look similar just the method)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by ambershee View Post
    I suspect DICE are making enough alterations to their weapons that they no longer resemble the original enough to be required to pay royalties / license fees.
    I agree. You should make enough alterations to your weapons that they no longer resemble the original enough to be required to pay royalties / license fees. I would also recommend using your own weapon names.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    What? No!

Don't produce anything with the likeness of anything without a license.

Concepts are subject to copyright as soon as they are born. Digital, physical, free or commercial.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hmmmm interesting, maybe I will design my own guns in the likeliness of borderlands

Leave a comment:

• replied
    activision fund military for use of their guns, so yea you cant just use gun designs, im guessing likeness is also subject to copyright.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Cars, guns, aircraft. EVERYTHING that is manufactured by someone.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    What about fighter jets like the f-16, f-22, A-10, Su-47?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I suspect DICE are making enough alterations to their weapons that they no longer resemble the original enough to be required to pay royalties / license fees.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by fighter5347 View Post
    You have to get a licence from DICE when you want to use their weapons. Even when you modify them
    No what I'm saying is DICE themselves didn't pay money to the gun manufacturers for using their names/models, and I plan to create my own models.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You have to get a licence from DICE when you want to use their weapons. Even when you modify them

Leave a comment:

• replied
    What if I just change the look but keep the look relatively the same?
    What sort of thresholds are there because I heard DICE is no longer paying for the guns in their battlefield games any longer.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Guns like any other products are copyrighted and need licensing.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Copyrights concerning guns.

Copyrights concerning guns.

Hi,
    I have a question, say I wanted to use for example a heckler and Koch MP5 and I used that name and gun model specifically in my game and sold it commercially (as a hobby, so not a big scale). Would I encounter any copyright issues?
    Thanks,
Working...
X