PlayerStart question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PlayerStart question

Hi question about playerstart.. How can I make my player respawn in some places because I have this cinematics for example
    My player died but not Literally died.. He only die using matinee camera actor but he appears to died in that matinee then he will respawn near the place where he died not where the first player start is so that the game wont be start again from the beginning..

You'll have to elaborate a bit more.

You want your player to spawn in a different location after he dies, during your cinematic? Does the player not respawn at a playerstart?

Comment

I mean I will make him die in cinematics but the character doesnt really die because I will just turn the camera actor 90 degrees to make it look like the player dies and some fade effects.. Then he will automatically or some key press to revive him near the area where he die I hope you understand now

Comment

No need to respawn him then, if it all happens off-screen? Just don't kill him in the first place.

Games are all smoke and mirrors. No need to actually do things that are implied.

Comment

Yea, I agree with Graylord. If he isn't actually being killed, then just move the camera away as you're doing and your character should still be there. You can always teleport him as well if he isn't in the right spot.

Comment

Hi thanks for the help but I don't know how can I Teleport my character Is it just a player spawned event or something? TIA

Comment

Yea, should be a Kismet module that you can use to teleport from one place to another.

Comment

Working...
              X