Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

UDK Livestream 8/1 - 11am PT! Join us!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UDK Livestream 8/1 - 11am PT! Join us!

If you have any questions after the stream, make sure to post them here! We'll also be porting the stream to YouTube shortly after, so anyone who can't watch live can still view it!
    We hope to see you there, at www.twitch.tv/unrealengine!

Awesome!!!!!

Comment

We're Live right now! Join us at www.twitch.tv/unrealengine!

Comment

Is this getting recorded for future reference by any chance?

Comment

@jebkam - yes

Comment

Already got my answer, thanks
            "Unrealengine - We'll have it on our Youtube channel at http://www.youtube.com/unrealengine after the stream"

Comment

This is fantastic.

If you are in need of a moderator on the twitch channel I'd be happy to help out.
              (I'll help answer all the incoming questions either way. )

Comment

Epic tutorial so far (I say epic all the time, it really wasn't a pun)

Big fan, and very happy with what you guys are doing, you're the best

I struggle with quite a few things - luckily level streaming was covered last time :P

1. Realistic particle effects and placement - its a big topic i know but i am finding it so hard to find a comprehensive answer
                2. Good texturing on models
                3. Scaleform Menus vs unrealscript Menus
                4. Importing/Rigging/sizing custom characters
                5. Landscape tool (in detail) mine always look rubbish :P

**edit**
                6. top down - raycast selection of objects (maybe for like building selection for a strategy)

Most of these topics I have found tutorials on but none come close to the level you guys bring
                (apparently flattery gets you places)

Comment

Two that i can think of so far:

1. Sub Surface Scattering - More in depth detail of the setup than the info on the udn.
                  2. Anim Trees - setting up a complex character animtree e.g. jumping, fighting, special moves, blending movement with upper body animations.

Comment

Originally posted by sarriss View Post
                    Epic tutorial so far (I say epic all the time, it really wasn't a pun)
                    Oh, you!

I'm at work, but I look forward to watching them soon!

Comment

Re-posting my in-chat suggestion of a tutorial looking at performance profiling and optimization. The profiling/optimization section of today's stream was a good start, but it'd be nice to a more focused video.

Comment

It might be an idea for an admin to pin this at the top of the thread so it doesn't get lost.

Comment

well three hours was a bit long, and will be a bit difficult to download... i mean watch... to find the one or two things that applied to me (combining multiple similar meshes in view into one mesh.. good idea)... but i'm starting to settle into UDK now, and as long as udk has decided to pretend that udk4 doesn't exist, i suppose i'm ready to dip my toe into Uscript if at all possible...

lol... good job zak, at the end you showed a few characteristics that i recognize in myself, like a stubborn determination to finish the job (chuckle)... well done

Comment

Working...
                          X