Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quick time event character selection question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick time event character selection question.

Hi all,

I'm working on a project for my Masters and I am making a (small) game as part of it.

I've gone through Rachel Cordone's Game Programming with Unrealscript and have begun to build up my more basic functionality, however I am now at the point where I need to let the player choose which character they want to play the game as.

Essentially there is a brother and a sister, and at the beginning of the game they find a sword in a tree, and the player must choose which sibling will pull it from the tree, choosing which character they will play as. I'd like this interaction to be almost seamless from the cutscene it takes place in, no obvious loading or changing camera angles.

I am at a loss as to how to implement this. Currently I'm trying to set up a Kismet node that will tell the GameInfo to switch to a different Pawn class, and the Kismet node will get its activation from either a trigger or even an fsCommand out of a flash based menu. But I have a nasty suspicion that changing Pawn Classes is a no no, or that I am wrong from end to end.

Any ideas? Many thanks in advance.

I have this tutorial which I am working through now, but it only covers quick time events, not changing characters.

If the two characters are already Pawns, you can simply use UnPossess/Possess to get your PlayerController into the right one.

Comment

Ahhh excellent thank you very much

Your book is the best by the way. I'm recommending it to my lecturers as a required reading.

Comment

Working...
      X