why is it a huge secert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why is it a huge secert

I've been looking into how people even program game for consoles...and I even emailed the Unreal people about this.

Yes, the page says you need to take your idea through the company that you want to have the game put onto the console

But, as is, Wii U and PS4 allows indie game makers to upload games onto their stuff without going through the process of having Sony or Nintendo to own your game.

But they don't seem to go into detail about the process.

And the Unreal people only give out the console coding if you go through the process of needing the companies approval.

And I even emailed them about what the process was...they never emailed me back.

So...what the hell do you do?

1# What are you talking about? You should learn telling others informations in a better way.
    2# As far as I know, license for consoles costs 50.000$(standard price) or another price discussed with epic when buying.

Comment

There's no secret.

You need to get a development kit for the system you want to develop for, then get an agreement with the company to allow you to publish the game on their system.
      Note that UDK cannot be used for consoles.

Comment

Please read what you just typed

You need to get a development kit for the system you want to develop for, then get an agreement with the company to allow you to publish the game on their system.
        Note that UDK cannot be used for consoles.

There it is, that what EVERYONE says. Ok, what's the process? That's what I need to know and whenever I ask this, everyone just says the same thing and doesn't go into detail.

Well, how the hell are indie game companies putting their games onto the PS4? And yes, Sony doesn't own those games that are put on their (they're maybe getting 30% profit from the sales, like how Stream does...but they don't own it)

Comment

Indies don't develop for consoles- they can't. Only those, who epic likes, because they make an awesome game, get a ue3 license, and later get a job at epic.

Comment

Indies do develop for consoles, but the barrier to entry is high.

There are indies working on the Ps4, and those developers have a relationship with Sony. If you want to develop for a console, you need to negotiate an agreement with the platform holder. There are secrets; trade secrets - which is why a lot of information is not in the public domain.

Comment

Yes, indie DOES make games for consoles.

Did you miss the part were Sony is ALLOWING indie to make games for their console. Wii U does it.

So, clearly is small indie companies can make games onto these new systems.

Indie just means they're not backed up with a publisher

Comment

Originally posted by ambershee View Post
                Indies do develop for consoles, but the barrier to entry is high.

There are indies working on the Ps4, and those developers have a relationship with Sony. If you want to develop for a console, you need to negotiate an agreement with the platform holder. There are secrets; trade secrets - which is why a lot of information is not in the public domain.
                That's what the email kept saying, but they don't tell you...oh, who to contact about such a thing. Would be nice if they tell you what you need to put together, who to contact...that's nice information to know.

Comment

You know, Google also allows indies to develop for Android for free, and still, only ue3 full license supports it, even though other engines allow it for free. I think you should e-mail the email where you can get helped, or get a license.

Comment

Two minutes in google:
                    http://developer.sony.com/

Comment

Well, that's for Sony TV

the only reason why I found this

http://us.playstation.com/develop/

was through a yahoo answer, it didn't show up on the 1st page

Comment

The process of getting a game on these platforms involves having a game worthy of negotiations with owner company (or publishers). By the time you make such a game, you will find out most answers through experience or new contacts.
                        Meanwhile, many "secrets" can be uncovered simply by doing a Google search, like ambershee suggested above

Comment

Originally posted by Vata Raven View Post
                          Well, that's for Sony TV
                          The link you're looking for is on the page I gave you. I did check before posting it.

Comment

Those mobile and tablet games...say differently. I highly doubt they thought, "oh hey, these mobile games are worth our time" and if Sony doesn't own the game anyway...they don't get any the money. So, in the end, it isn't worth their time because they don't own the games

Comment

It is, the more games there are for ps, the more people buy ps, the more money gets sony.

Comment

Working...
                              X