Help with in-game tutorial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with in-game tutorial

Hi I have some question again.. How can I put an ingame tutorial inside the game like when the level loaded a tutorial like "Press WASD to move" And the screen will freeze then after 3-5 secs the tutorial will hide and the screen is not frozen again.. thanks for the help
    Im so confused on what to do and if some tutorial is avail. can link to me? I search the forum but cant find a topic that is related

Use Kismet. Level Loaded event to Cinematic mode event, check all the disable movement boxes, then connect a draw text action with your desired tip. it could also be a flash movie drawn on screen using the gfxmovie node. then set the time for it to display or a delay as necessary. turn off cinematic mode. boom done.

Comment

Thanks!!! Will try it later

Comment

Level Loaded then Cinematic mode event.. btw, where can I find cinematic mode event?? In the New Action > Cinematic > Control Game movie?? But I cant find the disable movement boxes

Comment

it's in "action>toggle>toggle cinematic mode"...

Comment

yeah sorry I meant cinematic mode action.

Comment

Yeah it actually works.. Thanks but only have 1 problem left, When I put 0 in the Max Trigger Count in the Trigger Touch the Gfx movie hide when I exit the trigger area but when I get back to the area it repeated. BUT when I put 1 in the max trigger count when I exit the trigger area the gfx movie remeains and didn't hide.. what do you think is the problem?? :/

Comment

do you have 'untouched' on trigger, hooked to 'toggle off' on toggle...

Comment

Thanks it works fine

Comment

BTW, Can I Make the animation of the swf in kismet to not loop?? Because it only has like 1 sec animation and the Delay I put to make it disappear is like 3 secs and the animation is repeating for like 5times and up and I only want to make it appear for 1 time only but longer duration.. Thanks for the help

And another question.. How Can I put a key bind to make the toggle cinematic mode off when I press a certain Key..

Thanks for the help! (Sorry new here) xD

Comment

looping is handled via actionscript in flash professional. simply create a keyframe action on the last frame saying stop()

Comment

Working...
                      X