Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with mission objective

Hello guys.. new in udk here..
    I need help in creating a mission objective like in most of the games.. when you are inside the game the objective will pop up at the side of the screen and when you reach the checkpoint the objective in the screen will be gone, how can I do that??
    All I know right know is kismet and doesnt have any knowledge with unreal script yet but if someone can introduce it to me ill be glad thanks so much for any help

Time to learn unrealscript. :P but you can make this one in kismet. when game starts set a bool mission complete to false, and display mission text on hud. Then use a trigger volume, so it sets the bool to true, and deletes the text.

EDIT: For learning unrealscript you have udn, also search for the thread named "any good programming tutorials" in the unrealscript forum.

Comment

Thanks!! Btw, the mission text will be done in flash right?? not in udk?

Comment

It's your choice. Flash would be better. If you want to use flash but don't have the tools I recommend flash develop and vectorian giotto (Both together).
        But you can also draw text with kismet or uscript using canvas.

Comment

What do you mean by "dont have the tools??"

Comment

scaleform (flash) is best done using flash professional CSx. those are the "tools" he speaks of.

Comment

Yea, Flash proffesional CS is the best, but it actually costs as much as other adobe products cost, so you can use those free programms that i posted.

Comment

ohh I see thanks gonna start using Flash pro CS

Comment

Have this last problem with my mission objective.. I want the objective to appear in the mini map in the default hud like in most of the games so the player will know where to go How can I do that?? will I do that in flash?? cause its related in the hud

Comment

I'm pretty sure Scaleform includes some demo files for HUD that should show you how the mini map works. Doing stuff like that is slightly more code oriented.

Comment

Working...
                    X