Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how to fade everything except some meshes in UDK?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to fade everything except some meshes in UDK?

sometimes in my game i need to fade everything (train-meshes- sky and ...) ,except just 1 or 2 objects or meshes or maybe except my main character. i know how use matinee and Fadetrack to fade but it will fade everything . so you guys have any suggestions?
    thanks in advance

what do you mean by fade? fade everything to black, are they still collide-able? you might be better off using script rather than having a load of matinee.

Comment

Originally posted by Linkinworm View Post
      what do you mean by fade? fade everything to black, are they still collide-able? you might be better off using script rather than having a load of matinee.
      hey man. thanks. i simply want to fade everything to black except my character so my character will stay alone in cool black universe. so if it can be done with kismet give me a hint or if only you know with script as well. thanks

Comment

there aren't too many ways to do this. easiest would be spawning a sheet of some kind very close in front of the camera, slowly increasing its alpha til it is full black. change the display mode of the character simultaneously to "foreground". it will render in front of everything else, including the sheet. yes you can do all of this via kismet.

Comment

not sure how you would code it, but what you would want is a custom class for your meshes so that you can control them to be removed(or faded out) along with all collision data kismet might require too much because you would need to link up every mesh into it, would get very large very fast

Comment

Originally posted by Henrik View Post
            there aren't too many ways to do this. easiest would be spawning a sheet of some kind very close in front of the camera, slowly increasing its alpha til it is full black. change the display mode of the character simultaneously to "foreground". it will render in front of everything else, including the sheet. yes you can do all of this via kismet.
            thanks a lot man. it helped me

Comment

Working...
            X