Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is UDK the right choice for me?

Simple question:

I'm planing to create what I guess could most easily be defined as a 4X game set in space. I want it to be in "third-person" 3D, with everything that goes with that, free rotating camera, mouse-clicking interface, etc, (think Homeworld or EVE).

Is UDK a good choice for this, or is it mainly for FPS games?

You can do everything with UDK, you just have to be a good programmer to do such stuff that you like ^^ A fps is much easier to create with UDK, because you dont have to programm very much

Comment

Originally posted by fighter5347 View Post
      You can do everything with UDK, you just have to be a good programmer to do such stuff that you like ^^ A fps is much easier to create with UDK, because you dont have to programm very much
      well that depends on how bland you want your FPs to be, if you wanted to implement features like in bulletstorm that would require quite a bit of scripting.

Comment

It is if all you want is maps made in editor. But moment you want dynamic map or randomly created ones UDK is not for you.

For static maps, everything will work fine, but for dynamic you lose lightmass, and AI/bot support.

Comment

Working...
        X