Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by Henrik View Post
    You won't find UT99 in the forums, period. Epic General is probably most appropriate. Or email...
    QFT

I used to love playing UT '99 for ChaosUT though. The Chaos Crossbow with the exploding crossbow bolts was fun. So was the ******* Sword and the Proxy Mines. Now as far as playing UT goes, I mostly only play Ballistic Weapons for UT2004 with Sgt. Kelly's pack V10. I have a lot more fun with that, but it frequently gets frustrating because my computer is a problem child. (which is why I only play Instant Action and never try to play online; my computer lags bad enough internally without throwing my less than stellar internet service into the equation)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You won't find UT99 in the forums, period. Epic General is probably most appropriate. Or email...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You won't find UT99 in UDK's forums.

Leave a comment:

• Unreal Tournament [Original - GOTY - UT99] Source Code for MAC OS X

So, UT99 was a bloody brilliant game. Plays on anything from a Mac running OS 8 to 10.8.

FYI: I had a quick exchange with Ryan Gordon, he said you guys were best to contact.

There's a thread here with some support:
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1587861

There's also others, with developers who will work for free on open source code to make the "UT OS X Preview 3" Intel compatible, get the music working, and so on. That way current Intel Mac users aren't going top have to Boot Camp to play UT, or obtain a Cider wrapped version. Personally, Rosetta lets me play my original birthday present of UT99 fine.

It's be really bloody cool if the original UT had a Mac compatible version, and you guys have got plenty of people out there who would get that walking. Even the current VLC can play the original music files.

I'm just asking for the access to any Mac source code, original OS 9 or better yet UT preview 3, plus anything else you may kindly throw in () to help out.

PM me, or email me at michaelanthony.nsw [at] gmail.com
Working...
X