Creating Objectives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creating Objectives

I am new to UDK have gained allot of knowledge but I am having trouble with finding somewhere to learn things like creating objectives and goals for example setting a target like killing a certain bot etc that will load the next level or cutscene i have found a good amount of tutorials of designing and programming but nothing on actually making a level with objectives any help would be appreciated

Check out the example map included (with the bot in it and the wall you blow up) should give you a good starting point for figuring out how to set some of this up.

Comment

seems to me that might be a kismet job... set a boolean on a trigger to stream level if actor has zero points... or something like that... i wouldn't dream of suggesting i would know how to do that... being new to this place... but kismet is the brains of the beast...

Comment

for killing a number of bots you would want to use the math nodes, something like using an int counter and then i think AI factory to spawn the enemys and that way you can keep count of how many have spawned and use the int counter to increment on death, then that can be output A==B or what ever you need, to trigger the next event, this is probs not the best or only way but i havn't got into this stuff my self due to my own game focusing on graphics rather than gameplay currently (skyrim type game and only me on the team )

I'm sure that there is an objective node in kismet where you can create you own script as an objective, for instance all enemys killed in a level, then just assign that to the objective node and you dont have to have a **** load of kismet code, just the outputs.

Comment

i just got to (building) my transport hub (beginner), where our hero will go to four worlds to collect six stones, then place them in the correct order to activate the fifth world transport... when i finish it i will let you know (if you like) how i completed that objective/Quest... its mostly kismet work... it will be awhile :]...

Comment

Working...
          X