Looking for Kismet assistance for a level idea! Thanks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for Kismet assistance for a level idea! Thanks

I want to make a death-match game where every time you jump it changes the pull of gravity. It Makes the ceiling become the floor and vise versa. So basically every time you jump, you float to the roof and it becomes the floor. With this type of game play a match would look similar to this:

http://i.imgur.com/jllLK8X.jpg

This would be fun because I would need to create TWO levels, one on the floor and one of the roof, since players can go back and forth.

My issue is that I am not sure how to go about doing this and I was wondering if anyone could help me out?

Thank you so much for your assistance

short answer - cant be done in kistmet, udk is bare bones( at least from what iv found and previous posts relating to gravity in udk)

Long answer -

A friend of mine tried this in college a few years ago, we worked out that you need uscript code to get this to work properly because UDK does not have any real gravity options by default other than Z up, look at the sonic GDK as this does have this implimented,but ripping it and using it might be hard work for a n00b to udk, i used the sonic GDK code for a wipeout racing game but it was way too much work to rip out all the rubbish i didnt need, and chaning gravity values was a great way to waste my day, the code in the sonic GDK will require you to set the gravity modifier at player start and find the code that controls sonic flipping upside down, where these are , i cant remember, i gave up on the project and deleted all my code

Comment

pretty sure it can be done actually. too busy to go over the details but it is slightly more complicated than just using kismet.

Comment

Yah I know exactly what your talking about.

Comment

Working...
        X