Apex Vegetation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    I have destructable trees in may game project i been woking on for... for a while mow. anyway
    I ran a test a few months ago as I wanted to know for sure as i planned on useing a hella lot of trees.
    So I did a comaprison of 6 trees i made in speed tree vs 6 trees i hand made in 3ds max and imported as meshes.
    the meshes frame rate and LOD load time performed way better than the speed trees.
    Speed tree is great but I would go for making them in a modeling program.

Try modeling a simple tree with a few branvhes and then model a few other branches with collision (kactors) to place and....

Leave a comment:

• replied
    is it? I think it's only easier to create but not really cheaper, but this is just me talking without any numbers so I wouldn't know

Leave a comment:

• replied
    yeah, I know, but I need real destructible speed tree.
    Its more optimized and cheap then simple skeletal mesh or any mesh with vertex offset shader.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You cant destroy a speedtree unless you have the full version of it. When you have it then you have to export it as a static mesh (fbx,obj) and then you can make the destruction in Apex or in UDK

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Apex Vegetation

Apex Vegetation

Hi!
    I have a question about destructible Speed Trees.
    I saw few videos with fully destructible vegetation, achieved using Apex.
    Is this feature available with UDK or I need to talk with speed tree vendor?
Working...
X