Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you think of my building plans for my asylum so far?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Thank you all for the comments and suggestions i will definitly take them all into account on my project. More will be appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    works for me chey hawk... i too will come to a point, not too distant from now, where i will have to build a static mesh for my cave... takes forthought on gameplay, as was stated above... but it can be done (re-import mesh)... i never underestimate my species and their ability to make the impossible posible... but remember... forthought forthought forthought... luck...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I have to completely agree with Mougli on this. When I was designing Out Of Hell, I wasn't thinking of the space or flow of the maps and I paid for it with some pretty dull gameplay in places. It was difficult to cater gameplay around the existing design/space when it would have been much easier if I took that into account from the beginning.

This is especially important for the type of game you are describing, you're going to have to use the space properly and take map flow into account or people will wind up getting frustrated with the layout.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    "There wouldn't be a fridge in the dinning room... Kleptomaniacs and such..." Actually i was in the mental ward of a hospital and ther was a fridge in the kitchen, it had a lock on it though and they would lock it at night and leave it open during the day, the plans for the non violent wing are close to the place i was in.

"you should think of the space in terms of gameplay first (i.e. what is supposed to happen where) and then design your asylum accordingly, rather than cram gameplay into an existing environment."

I thought about that and i just want the player to survive, it isnt an action game, its a survival sneak game although you can get guns it will attract more creatures. And as for the blank spaces i just havent finished those areas yet. The asylum is going to be like a small city, based on this one asylum that had a cobbler, sweet shop, sugery wing, butcher, stores and tons of other stuff.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Not quite the kind of answer you might be looking for, but you should think of the space in terms of gameplay first (i.e. what is supposed to happen where) and then design your asylum accordingly, rather than cram gameplay into an existing environment.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey! Nice Floor Plan!
    Here's my 2 cents worth..

What are the blank rooms for? There are no doors leading to them... Why is the surgery room so big and empty.. There wouldn't be a fridge in the dinning room... Kleptomaniacs and such... The food would be served like in a school canteen from the kitchen... It would be cool if you had metal fence-ish doors to the dinning hall it would make it more eerie..
    I would suggest you make the rec room bigger.. it looks cramped and the loons might not like it...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    No im making a horror game where creaturs are in the asylum and you have to survive in it and make barricades and stuff. its not anywhere near finished, i still have to do the 2nd floor and attic plus the basement.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Chay Hawk View Post
    No one? anything?
    Looks ok, but I don't know much about asylums This probably isn't the right place for getting such critique really, perhaps in the architecture/vis forum - but it depends what kind of feedback you're after. I don't think you'd get the right response from there if you're making a zombie game

Leave a comment:

• replied
    No one? anything?

Leave a comment:

• What do you think of my building plans for my asylum so far?

Sorry if this is the wrong section but I am making some concept art for a new game that I plan to make and I want some feedback from people.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Upload.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	99.9 KB
ID:	3253390
Working...
X