Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

About License & Donations

Hi everybody,

I'm currently working on a game (we're a team of 2) and will soon launch a trailer alongside a website for the game.

We will eventually purchase the 99$ license when we feel ready to sell the game, but untill then, i would like to accept donations from the website;

It gets tricky here; the UDK license is needed if ANY income is made out of the game, but donations aren't litterally made "out of the game".

Exemples:
    - I make a game in UDK and sell it (i need a license) > I owe Epic some royalties on the revenue
    - I make a demo reel with UDK (i don't need a license), get a job because of that demo reel > I don't owe Epic royalties on my salary

Donations seem to lay between those two; how can you tell if the donation directly concern the game? They could be donations for the team for exemple.

That raises a subsequent question; do donations count for the first 50,000$?

Anyways, we'll purchase the license no matter what, i was just wondering.

Bye

It's always best to email them and make sure, but from previous discussions I believe they've said that donations count as income.

Comment

Working...
    X