Iteration Limit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Ok, thank you guys. I think I will break it into multiple ticks.

merc-ai. Oh, thank you very much for support. Glad to hear it, turn based system is what I am working on now

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ambershee is spot on.
    I had same problems with procedural map generation of own project (full procedural generation of tactical map), but solved it by restructuring the code into smaller chunks and optimizing the PCG algorithm itself.

P.S. I'm a fan of your project, looking forward to its Steam release.
    P.P.S. Please keep the turn-based combat system

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Like ambershee said, the only way to bypass this limits in every language is to rewrite your code
    for example if you had something
    for(i=0;i<=1000000;i++)
    {
    do somthing
    }
    and it fails
    then just make it
    for(i=0;i<=1000;i++)
    {
    for(j=0;<=1000;j++)
    {
    do something
    }
    }

or something like that
    I'm kinda drunk right now and I've got some problems in my family (with my wife to be exact) so I'm really sorry for my words if they are wrong or something...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I've hit this limit before - you'll hit it with a triple-nested loop very quickly.

The solution is to break your code down into more independent functions / loops, (or better break it down across ticks) and this will let you around the infinite loop iteration check.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Sure, I don't have for(i=0;i<1000000;i++)... However I have some nested cycles and recursive functions so It is pretty easy to reach this limit (I think it counts "if" in cycles too) for me.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Henrik View Post
    What do you need to generate 1 million of dynamically? :S
    Pounds. Dollars. Euros. But not Yen.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    What do you need to generate 1 million of dynamically? :S

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Iteration Limit

Iteration Limit

Hello. I got question for Epic guys. Is here some chance to make iterations limit customizable ? I know that it is pretty high however It is not enough when generating some things on the level start. Doing it in many tick is not very efficient and easy. Thank you.

Code:
    Runaway loop detected (over 1000000 iterations)
Working...
X