dynamic light moveable problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    I'm using translucent because it allows me to have leaves on cards but the shadows are not made from the masked leaves but just shadows of the cards hence the performance, the day cycle is just for a demo Not really needed for any game I plan on fi ishing but would be nice to have it looking nice for when I hand in my uni project that has a user ability to change the time of day

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I don't know about that, but masked is a type where it displays or it doesn't, rather than translucent where it has various levels of transparency. Perhaps it's slowing down for you because it's accurately shadowing the leaves compared to the translucent texture?

I would avoid doing a daylight cycle if you can, the engine wasn't designed for it and you don't get very good lighting that way.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I find that masked is too accurate and drops my god by about 15 fps

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Masked gives better performance than translucent

Leave a comment:

• started a topic dynamic light moveable problem

dynamic light moveable problem

I'm creating a daylight system but when I apply my kismet code to make it move so I can get differnt time of the day the shadows for my tree leaves disappear. The material is translucent rather than masked for performance. Anyone tried this and got it working? The trees are pretty much the same as the default fall tree, the yellow one, apart from being translucent rather than masked

Edit. All of thus is set up to play when I press the o key on the keyboard so its a 2 second transistion time rather than waiting as this will be an item the player can use for my game. Ut its useless if the shadows pretty much break as soon as I use it

Edit fixed it somehow now sure what I did other then change materials back go masked and performance didn't drop, anyone know how to make shadows softer they are completely black on my ground materials from all objects but they are softer being cast on things like my houses

Edit 3 fixes soft shadowing the mesh properties much have use precomouted shadows enabled
Working...
X