UE4 PC vs PS4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Thank you for posting this video TKBS. Its really better and you can see the difference much better

Leave a comment:

• replied
    That video is not very good- try this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=gtfCWYjOsvI#!

- taken from here:
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/di...ne-4-ps4-vs-pc

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/n...pic-games.html

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Exactly, they appeal to and are suitable for different aesthetics, both of which are perfectly valid. It is, however, pure wishful thinking to look at the videos as a whole and say that the PS4 one is better from a technical standpoint.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Despite news of the missing realtime GI, it's evident that the PC version in this is using something along those lines. Freeze-frame at 1:31 where the lava travels under the pillar and there's a lot of indirect bounce light. The PS4 frame has virtually no indirect light, and is relying on specular, bloom and fog to give character to most of the shots.

I think this is also where it gets subjective, and why fanboys are divided. The more naturally lit PC scene is flatter, more diffuse with less contrast - like an aged wine in an analogue distillery. Whereas the PS4 is crystal clear, digital and vivid.

Sort of like Ingmar Bergman meets Roland Emmerich.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    that is a bit odd how half the particle effects arn't even in the PS4 video? Plenty of crumbling debris but not alot of the glowy flares??? Would have thought the crumbling debris would have had more of a performance impact than them?

Either way i'm still never buying another console again after having 6 different xbox 360's, all previous 5 died in some way shape or form.....well admittingly one of them I stood on the open disk tray when p!ssed but still.....Microsoft shouldn't make such flimsy disk trays....

My speccy 128k is still going strong, my Amiga 500 is still going, my PSOne still works....as long as its upside down.....and it's held together with bluetac.

Shoddy bollox these newer consoles.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    the video look amazing, nice to see the ue4 demo running on a ps4, like Henrik said, there is some part where the pc overpass the ps4 clearly.

thanks for the video

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It is awesome to see that PC is capable of amazing stuff like this and it makes me all the more excited to actually get a hold of the tech. Is bokeh DOF just too expensive on PS4 because it seems to not be used :B To be fair though there are some very obvious things in the PS4 video that stood out to me as looking better lighting wise but to make the argument that PS4 is a lot better because of this is pretty lame though. I'm sure its only the difference between the dynamic bounce lighting and the regular lightmapped way, which is available on both PC and PS4 :B

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Haha at all the PS4 fans insisting it looks better just because they want to feel better about buying one. There are certain areas where the way something is lit or not lit or colored differently is subjectively "better". In every fx related side by side the PC clearly did the better job, and duh, that's because it is better hardware.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Holy **** o0

Leave a comment:

• replied
    There is a HUGE difference PC is just in a different dimension, thanks for the video.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic UE4 PC vs PS4

UE4 PC vs PS4

Hello guys

I have found this interesting video on youtube, which shows both UE4 Demos (PS4 and PC) at the same time.

Who can see the differences

In my opinion the PS4 version looks like ****. Especially the particel effects are much better in the PC version.

Whats your opinion about it?
Working...
X