New triangle count for next gen characters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New triangle count for next gen characters

Hello everyone, this might not be the right place to post this but...considering how the ps4 games and recent ue4 renders showed characters with a lot of good definition, specially on their skin. So i wanted to know how many triangles will new characters have, i know we are using around 10k-30k characters for actual games, preparing for next gen games how many triangles we should aim to get so much detail but without leaving by a side the performance? Thanks and sorry my english is not my natal lenguage. Good luck all!

Currently most of my Characters are 19 - 40k. I don't see a need to increase it as you can always use DX11 Tessellation. I don't expect next gen to be much different.

Comment

I except more increase in texture and shader size rather than polygons. Also keep in mind those HD head demos are just that, demos and don't represent real time gameplay. Look at watch dogs and second son, you'll see they're not that high poly.

Comment

Well I don't know about you, but the new Thief looks like he is made out of plenty of polygons. I don't think DX11 tesselation would be suitable to get all the bits and pieces hanging from his armor:

The character in the background has plenty of details as well.

Comment

Hero mesh vs mob. If it's a third person game such as that Thief shot, go wild with the polycount on your player character. Just redress the balance with LOD on other game characters.

Comment

Working...
          X