Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to create a custom UDK installer which includes my scripts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can move your .upk to an older version of udk if you use -SavePackagesThatHaveFailedLoads
    And for the XML info
    <RootName>replaceme</RootName> is the base folder in the c drive the game will be installed to e.g udk or program files
    <MainFilesToExclude><MainFilesToExclude> used by epic only is ignored by unsetup
    <GameFilesToExclude></GameFilesToExclude> has all the folders you don't want to include in you package
    <RequiredFolders></RequiredFolders> folders that must be there to allow error checking e.g trying to publish before cooking
    <GameFilesToInclude></GameFilesToInclude> files that are added to the installer will error out if folders are here

Comment

If I add anything to the GameFilesToInclude section, I error out. I just want some custom batch files to be included in the root. I added
      <string>Launch720p.bat</string>
      But it fails when I try and use frontend. Should I be doing all this in the command-line?

Comment

I figured it out. I needed to make it
        <string>./Launch720p.bat</string>

Now, it's working I'm gonna test to see if it really works here in a moment. Thanks for posting the info up here.

By the way, Custom installers are basically broken in the Feb beta. there's a eula issue as well as a redist issue. The eula can be worked around, but the redist is significant.
        (This is why i'm trying to get my files intot he actual UDK installer since it manages the eula and redist properly)

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Shannon View Post
          By the way, Custom installers are basically broken in the Feb beta. there's a eula issue as well as a redist issue. The eula can be worked around, but the redist is significant.
          (This is why i'm trying to get my files intot he actual UDK installer since it manages the eula and redist properly)
          I just hope Epic fixes the crash when a complete UDK installation folder is moved from one PC to another and then run on that one. If I can't back up my game by transferring the full UDK folder to external harddrives I'm not going to sleep well. he he So yeah hopefully they sort out all those issues in the next release, whenever that is.

Comment

Yeah, it's really messed up our Perforce system as we were versioning the entire build.
            What I had to do was separate out the content and then install the last beta onto each workstation and then update the content into the unique builds.
            You could do that to your external too: Just back up your Dev/Yourscripts, config files, flash, and content then merge it back.
            Also, if you're in a pinch, deleting the installInfo.xml file in your /Binaries folder before running the editor/game works, but you have to delete it each time and accept the eula each time too. A batch file could do this for you as well. None are great solutions :/

Comment

Working...
            X