Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to create a custom UDK installer which includes my scripts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to create a custom UDK installer which includes my scripts?

Hello,
    I need a way to install my customized version of the February 2013 UDK on other PCs. This is mandatory for my assignment submission in April and testing the game.
    In the previous versions of UDK I used I could just drag&drop the UDK folder to the required PCs. However this sadly doesn't work anymore in the February version. (Apparently because of some registry file, but ofc I can't manualy mess with the registry on tutor,testers or players machines.)

So how do I create an UDK installer which includes my scripts for custom kismet nodes, pawns, settings etc. AND works on other machines than the one it was created on?!?
    It may be worth noting that I am using a clean installation, not the one with the UT content included.

I tried doing this via UnSetup.exe. First of all via the command prompt which returns this:
    C:\Users\XeroX>start UnSetup.exe
    The system cannot find the file UnSetup.exe.
    Given how many UDK installations I have on my PC I would've been surprised if it worked anyway?!?

Next I tried creating a shortcut to UnSetup.exe with -createmanifest added which works for a while and then crashes, producing no file.
    Lastly I tried adding -createmanifest directly to the UnSetup application name which gives an error saying that my UDK package is corrupt.

So I pretty much tried everything I could and none of it worked... so help please?

Use http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/UnrealFrontend.html to make an installer it will add only the content you tell it to add
    If you don't like using unsetup use cookersync
    Unsetup reads unsetup.Manifests.xml to make an installer
    Cookersync reads cookersync.xml and woks for all platforms

Comment

Originally posted by Zeqzy View Post
      Use http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/UnrealFrontend.html to make an installer it will add only the content you tell it to add
      If you don't like using unsetup use cookersync
      Unsetup reads unsetup.Manifests.xml to make an installer
      Cookersync reads cookersync.xml and woks for all platforms
      Well I would love to use FrontEnd to create my UDK installer. However so far I have only been able to create GAME installers with it... which is NOT what I want.
      So what do I need to set in FrontEnd or any of those .xml files to create an UDK installer rather than a game installer?

The (game) installer FrontEnd creates for me by default is like 180MB in size so I am not surprised that the UDK.exe crashes when I try to use it in editor mode. Once again I need a FULL February 2013 UDK installation, so if there is a way to get force FrontEnd to produce one please let me know how!
      Heck I am not even asking how to include my scripts yet... to get me started it would help a lot to be able to create a vanilla UDK installer out of a fresh Empty Game UDK installation. It's named custom by default and for my intended purposes it can stay that way.
      If you could explain how to achieve that, or provide the required .xml file you would save me a lot of sleepless nights.

Comment

If your trying to use the editor on a game packaged by frontend then you need to edit unsetup.manifest.xml to include the files the editor needs to run or run editor with -cookededitor
        Did you add +EditPackages= to DefaultEngine.ini to include your scripts

Comment

If your trying to use the editor on a game packaged by frontend then you need to edit unsetup.manifest.xml to include the files the editor needs to run or run editor with -cookededitor
          Did you add +EditPackages= to DefaultEngine.ini to include your scripts
          There is no editor on the target machines.
          I tried a shortcut with C:\UDK\ExteriaDemoGame\Binaries\Win32\UDK.exe editor -cookededitor
          However this still gives the same error as without the -cookededitor:
          Failed to find file for package EngineMaterials for async preloading.

Address = 0x751fc41f (filename not found) [in C:\Windows\syswow64\KERNELBASE.dll]
          Address = 0x12b8c31 (filename not found) [in C:\UDK\ExteriaDemoGame\Binaries\Win32\UDK.exe]
          Address = 0x6b0063 (filename not found) [in C:\UDK\ExteriaDemoGame\Binaries\Win32\wxmsw28u_aui _vc_custom.dll]
          Address = 0x11d6e6f (filename not found) [in C:\UDK\ExteriaDemoGame\Binaries\Win32\UDK.exe]
          Address = 0x125a8ad (filename not found) [in C:\UDK\ExteriaDemoGame\Binaries\Win32\UDK.exe]
          My DefaultEngine.ini has these two folders added which include all the scripts:
          [UnrealEd.EditorEngine]
          +EditPackages=ExteriaDemoGame
          +EditPackages=SimpleExtHUD
          So what do I need to put into that unsetup.manifest.xml then? I am not an UnrealEngine programmer just a game design student. lol

Comment

You are not allowed to re-distribute UDK.

http://www.unrealengine.com/udk/eula/

You may not:
            release any UDK code or content under a license that is not from Epic Games, Inc.;
            use, reproduce, copy, redistribute, encumber, sell, rent, lease, assign, sublicense, transfer rights in, or display the UDK for any purpose other than as expressly stated in Section 2;
            transfer this Agreement to any third party;
            Section 2
            2. License Grant. Provided that You comply with all terms and conditions of this Agreement, including the License Restrictions in Section 3 below, Epic grants You, for the entire duration of the legal protection of the intellectual property rights of the UDK pursuant to applicable law (subject to Section 7), a limited, personal, non-exclusive, worldwide, non-sublicensable, and non-transferable license to (a) install and use the UDK for the purpose of developing an unlimited number of applications; (b) develop derivative works of the UDK; (c) use derivative works of the UDK developed by You for the purpose of developing an unlimited number of applications; and (d) distribute the applications You develop using the UDK and derivative works of the UDK only in object code form, only as an inseparable part of the applications, and only to end users pursuant to an end user license agreement with terms consistent with and no less protective of Epic’s rights than those contained in this Agreement. This license is being provided to You free of charge.

Comment

Originally posted by Graylord View Post
              You are not allowed to re-distribute UDK.
              Well I can't see how that's gonna help me pass my module, which requires the tutor to be able to open my custom level/code in the editor.
              I also don't see the relevance of this for testing the game with my friends on their PC.
              However you are right about the whole Mod support thing... I guess I'll scrap that then.
              This way anything that installer will create will be removed from the PCs within an hour so I doubt that's what they meant with re-distribution.

Comment

You never stated that it was for a teaching purpose, if so I agree. However, it is not a function supported by UDK.
                You will have either compress it, or supply your own content alone and a regular installation of UDK on the side.

Comment

Originally posted by Graylord View Post
                  You never stated that it was for a teaching purpose, if so I agree. However, it is not a function supported by UDK.
                  You will have either compress it, or supply your own content alone and a regular installation of UDK on the side.
                  Just to clarify I need to provide a self extracting archive or .exe installer that allows my tutor to open my work inside UDK directly.
                  My tutor won't download (or copy from a DVD) and install the regular big installation of the February UDK.
                  So far I never had much trouble with that, but Epic Games broke my system of preparing my submissions in the February build. -.,-
                  This installer will be used for academic purposes only.

Comment

Ok then so make a backup of UnSetup.Manifests.xml and replace its content with this
                    Code:
                    <?xml version="1.0"?>
                    <ManifestOptions xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
                      <RootName>replaceme</RootName>
                      <FullName>replace me</FullName>
                      <AppToLaunch>UDKLift.exe</AppToLaunch>
                      <ShowEmailSubscription>false</ShowEmailSubscription>
                      <MainFilesToExclude>
                        <string>Binaries/^UDKGame.(.*)</string>
                        <string>Binaries/Win32/^UDKGame.(.*)</string>
                        <string>Binaries/Win32/^dbghelp.(.*)</string>
                        <string>Binaries/Win64/^UDKGame.(.*)</string>
                        <string>Binaries/Win64/^dbghelp.(.*)</string>
                        <string>Binaries/EpicInternal.txt</string>
                        <string>Binaries/UnSetup.Manifests.UDK.xml</string>
                        <string>Binaries/InstallData/(.*).xml</string>
                        <string>Binaries/Redist/(.*).xlsx</string>
                        <string>Engine/Localization/^EULA.(.*)</string>
                        <string>Engine/Shaders/WorkingDirectory</string>
                        <string>Engine/Splash</string>
                        <string>UDKGame/Config/DefaultEngineG4WLive.ini</string>
                        <string>UDKGame/Config/DefaultEngineGameSpy.ini</string>
                        <string>UDKGame/Config/DefaultEngineSteamworks.ini</string>
                        <string>UDKGame/Config/^UDK(.*).ini</string>
                        <string>UDKGame/Localization/INT/Subtitles.int</string>
                        <string>UDKGame/Logs</string>
                        <string>UDKGame/Movies/MultichannelTest_LOC.*</string>
                        <string>UDKGame/Content/^LocalShaderCache(.*).upk</string>
                        <string>UDKGame/Profiling</string>
                        <string>UDKGame/Script/OnlineSubsystemGameSpy.u</string>
                        <string>UDKGame/Script/OnlineSubsystemLive.u</string>
                        <string>UDKGame/ScriptFinalRelease</string>
                      </MainFilesToExclude>
                      <GameFilesToExclude>
                        <string>Binaries/SpeedTreeModeler</string>
                        <string>Binaries/FaceFXPlugins</string>
                        <string>Binaries/ActorX</string>
                        <string>Binaries/GFx</string>
                        <string>Binaries/Android</string>
                        <string>Binaries/Flash</string>
                        <string>Binaries/iPhone</string>
                        <string>Binaries/Mac</string>
                        <string>Binaries/Redist</string>
                        <string>Binaries/RPCUtility.(.*)</string>
                        <string>Binaries/P4(.*)</string>
                        <string>Binaries/Shader(.*)</string>
                        <string>Development</string>
                        <string>Engine/Config/Android</string>
                        <string>Engine/Config/Flash</string>
                        <string>Engine/Config/iPhone</string>
                        <string>Engine/Config/Mac</string>
                        <string>Engine/Config/Mobile</string>
                        <string>Engine/Extras</string>
                        <string>Engine/Shaders/Mobile</string>
                        <string>Engine/Stats</string>
                        <string>Engine/Localization/^Readme(.*).rtf</string>
                        <string>Engine/Localization/INT/^Editor(.*).int</string>
                        <string>UDKGame/Build</string>
                        <string>UDKGame/Content/(.*)</string>
                        <string>UDKGame/CookedAndroid</string>
                        <string>UDKGame/CookedFlash</string>
                        <string>UDKGame/CookediPhone</string>
                        <string>UDKGame/CookedMac</string>
                        <string>UDKGame/Flash</string>
                        <string>UDKGame/Localization</string>
                        <string>UDKGame/Movies</string>
                        <string>UDKGame/ProjectTemplates</string>
                        <string>UDKGame/Script</string>
                        <string>UDKGame/Splash/PC/EdSplash.bmp</string>
                        <string>UDKGame/Splash/Mac</string>
                        <string>Binaries/AgentInterface.dll</string>
                        <string>Binaries/InstallData/dotNetFx40_Full_setup.exe</string>
                        <string>Binaries/ConsoleInterface.dll</string>
                        <string>Binaries/^CookerSync(.*)</string>
                        <string>Binaries/^GamePlayProfiler(.*)</string>
                        <string>Binaries/^MemLeakCheckDiffer(.*)</string>
                        <string>Binaries/^NetworkProfiler(.*)</string>
                        <string>Binaries/^PackageDiff(.*)</string>
                        <string>Binaries/P4PopulateDepot.exe</string>
                        <string>Binaries/^Stats(.*)</string>
                        <string>Binaries/^Swarm(.*)</string>
                        <string>Binaries/^UeScriptProfiler(.*)</string>
                        <string>Binaries/Win32/AgentInterface.dll</string>
                        <string>Binaries/Win32/FxGraphLayout.dll</string>
                        <string>Binaries/Win32/^Unreal(.*)</string>
                        <string>Binaries/Win32/^UE3ShaderCompileWorker(.*)</string>
                        <string>Binaries/Win32/Editor</string>
                        <string>Binaries/Win32/^p4(.*)</string>
                        <string>Binaries/Win32/UserCode/^UnSetupNativeWrapper.(.*)</string>
                        <string>Binaries/Win32/UDK.com</string>
                        <string>Binaries/Win32/UDK.exe.config</string>
                        <string>Binaries/Win64/AgentInterface.dll</string>
                        <string>Binaries/Win64/FxGraphLayout.dll</string>
                        <string>Binaries/Win64/^Unreal(.*)</string>
                        <string>Binaries/Win64/^UE3ShaderCompileWorker(.*)</string>
                        <string>Binaries/Win64/Editor</string>
                        <string>Binaries/Win64/^p4(.*)</string>
                        <string>Binaries/Win64/UDK.exe.config</string>
                      </GameFilesToExclude>
                      <RequiredFolders>
                        UDKLift.exe
                        <string>UDKGame/CookedPC</string>
                      </RequiredFolders>
                      <GameFilesToInclude>
                        <string>UDKGame/Config/^Default(.*).ini</string>
                        <string>UDKGame/CookedPC/(.*)</string>
                        <string>UDKGame/Localization/(.*)</string>
                        <string>UDKGame/Movies/(.*)</string>
                        <string>Binaries/Redist/UE3Redist.exe</string>
                      </GameFilesToInclude>
                    </ManifestOptions>
                    This should allow the editor to work if you plan to publish this as a game with mod support then you need to make the editor your own with
                    EditorPackages=Your editor package
                    http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/Devel...%20and%20Legal or look at Dungeon Defenders Development Kit to see how they added mod support to there game

Comment

Ok then so make a backup of UnSetup.Manifests.xml and replace its content with this
                      I did that and recompiled/packaged a vanilla installation of the February UDK. However I got this error, even when I started the game on the machine the installer was created on:
                      Assertion failed: i>=0 && (i<ArrayNum||(i==0 && ArrayNum==0)) [File:d:\depot\unrealengine3-udk\development\src\core\inc\Array.h] [Line: 581]

Stack: Address = 0x3fe64419 (filename not found) [in C:\replaceme\Testing\Binaries\Win64\UDK.exe]
                      Address = 0x3feb8a2a (filename not found) [in C:\replaceme\Testing\Binaries\Win64\UDK.exe]
                      Address = 0x3feb9d12 (filename not found) [in C:\replaceme\Testing\Binaries\Win64\UDK.exe]
                      Address = 0x413940bf (filename not found) [in C:\replaceme\Testing\Binaries\Win64\UDK.exe]
                      Address = 0x4139dbfd (filename not found) [in C:\replaceme\Testing\Binaries\Win64\UDK.exe]
                      Address = 0x4139dc4a (filename not found) [in C:\replaceme\Testing\Binaries\Win64\UDK.exe]
                      Address = 0xeb8219c2 (filename not found) [in C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\cl r.dll]
                      Address = 0x1db281 (filename not found)
                      Address = 0x1 (filename not found)
                      Address = 0x3fc20000 (filename not found) [in C:\replaceme\Testing\Binaries\Win64\UDK.exe]
                      Address = 0x3a814a0 (filename not found)
                      Address = 0xeb906f39 (filename not found) [in C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\cl r.dll]
                      Address = 0x73e860 (filename not found)

Address = 0xfdeabccd (filename not found) [in C:\Windows\system32\KERNELBASE.dll]
                      Address = 0x3fea8dd5 (filename not found) [in C:\replaceme\Testing\Binaries\Win64\UDK.exe]
                      Address = 0x3fe656b6 (filename not found) [in C:\replaceme\Testing\Binaries\Win64\UDK.exe]
                      Address = 0x3fe6448c (filename not found) [in C:\replaceme\Testing\Binaries\Win64\UDK.exe]
                      Address = 0x3feb8a2a (filename not found) [in C:\replaceme\Testing\Binaries\Win64\UDK.exe]
                      Address = 0x3feb9d12 (filename not found) [in C:\replaceme\Testing\Binaries\Win64\UDK.exe]
                      Address = 0x413940bf (filename not found) [in C:\replaceme\Testing\Binaries\Win64\UDK.exe]
                      Address = 0x4139dbfd (filename not found) [in C:\replaceme\Testing\Binaries\Win64\UDK.exe]
                      Address = 0x4139dc4a (filename not found) [in C:\replaceme\Testing\Binaries\Win64\UDK.exe]
                      Address = 0xeb8219c2 (filename not found) [in C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\cl r.dll]
                      Address = 0x1db281 (filename not found)
                      Address = 0x3fc20000 (filename not found) [in C:\replaceme\Testing\Binaries\Win64\UDK.exe]
                      Address = 0x3a814a0 (filename not found)
                      Address = 0xeb906f39 (filename not found) [in C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\cl r.dll]
                      Given that this seemed to be Win64 related I also tried the 32bit version which gave this error instead:
                      Assertion failed: i>=0 && (i<ArrayNum||(i==0 && ArrayNum==0)) [File:d:\depot\unrealengine3-udk\development\src\core\inc\Array.h] [Line: 581]

Stack: Address = 0x341f39 (filename not found) [in C:\replaceme\Testing\Binaries\Win32\UDK.exe]

Address = 0x751fc41f (filename not found) [in C:\Windows\syswow64\KERNELBASE.dll]
                      Address = 0x3a8c31 (filename not found) [in C:\replaceme\Testing\Binaries\Win32\UDK.exe]
                      Address = 0x610066 (filename not found) [in C:\replaceme\Testing\Binaries\Win32\UDK.exe]
                      Address = 0x6c0069 (filename not found) [in C:\replaceme\Testing\Binaries\Win32\UDK.exe]
                      Address = 0x640065 (filename not found) [in C:\replaceme\Testing\Binaries\Win32\UDK.exe]
                      Address = 0x20003a (filename not found) [in C:\replaceme\Testing\Binaries\Win32\UDK.exe]
                      Address = 0x3e0069 (filename not found) [in C:\replaceme\Testing\Binaries\Win32\UDK.exe]
                      Address = 0x30003d (filename not found) [in C:\replaceme\Testing\Binaries\Win32\UDK.exe]
                      Address = 0x260020 (filename not found) [in C:\replaceme\Testing\Binaries\Win32\UDK.exe]
                      Address = 0x200026 (filename not found) [in C:\replaceme\Testing\Binaries\Win32\UDK.exe]
                      Address = 0x690028 (filename not found) [in C:\replaceme\Testing\Binaries\Win32\UDK.exe]
                      Address = 0x41003c (filename not found) [in C:\replaceme\Testing\Binaries\Win32\UDK.exe]
                      Address = 0x3d0020 (filename not found) [in C:\replaceme\Testing\Binaries\Win32\UDK.exe]
                      Address = 0x1c1420 (filename not found) [in C:\replaceme\Testing\Binaries\Win32\UDK.exe]
                      Address = 0x3aab8b (filename not found) [in C:\replaceme\Testing\Binaries\Win32\UDK.exe]
                      Address = 0x77ae0179 (filename not found) [in C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll]
                      Address = 0x75201ac0 (filename not found) [in C:\Windows\syswow64\KERNELBASE.dll]
                      Address = 0x77af135d (filename not found) [in C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll]
                      Address = 0x77aded75 (filename not found) [in C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll]
                      Address = 0x77adf3df (filename not found) [in C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll]
                      Address = 0x77adf442 (filename not found) [in C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll]
                      Address = 0x77aeb11b (filename not found) [in C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll]
                      Address = 0x77aeb075 (filename not found) [in C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll]
                      Address = 0x77aeb084 (filename not found) [in C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll]
                      So yeah that was a step backwards. Thanks for trying to help though.
                      If all else fails I'll just have to re-do the work I've done since the February release in my old November version. *sigh*

Comment

To start the game you must run udk.exe -installed because it will default to editor paths for the game
                        I updated unsetup.manifest.xml to fix the error
                        Code:
                        <?xml version="1.0"?>
                        <ManifestOptions xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
                          <RootName>replaceme</RootName>
                          <FullName>replace me</FullName>
                          <AppToLaunch>Win32\UDK.exe</AppToLaunch>
                          <ShowEmailSubscription>false</ShowEmailSubscription>
                          <GameInfo>
                            <AppToCreateInis>Win32\UDK.exe</AppToCreateInis>
                            <AppToElevate>UDKLift.exe</AppToElevate>
                            <AppCommandLine>editor</AppCommandLine>
                            <Name>UDK</Name>
                          </GameInfo>
                          <MainFilesToExclude>
                            <string>Binaries/^UDKGame.(.*)</string>
                            <string>Binaries/Win32/^UDKGame.(.*)</string>
                            <string>Binaries/Win32/^dbghelp.(.*)</string>
                            <string>Binaries/Win64/^UDKGame.(.*)</string>
                            <string>Binaries/Win64/^dbghelp.(.*)</string>
                            <string>Binaries/EpicInternal.txt</string>
                            <string>Binaries/UnSetup.Manifests.UDK.xml</string>
                            <string>Binaries/InstallData/(.*).xml</string>
                            <string>Binaries/Redist/(.*).xlsx</string>
                            <string>Engine/Localization/^EULA.(.*)</string>
                            <string>Engine/Shaders/WorkingDirectory</string>
                            <string>Engine/Splash</string>
                            <string>UDKGame/Config/DefaultEngineG4WLive.ini</string>
                            <string>UDKGame/Config/DefaultEngineGameSpy.ini</string>
                            <string>UDKGame/Config/DefaultEngineSteamworks.ini</string>
                            <string>UDKGame/Config/^UDK(.*).ini</string>
                            <string>UDKGame/Localization/INT/Subtitles.int</string>
                            <string>UDKGame/Logs</string>
                            <string>UDKGame/Movies/MultichannelTest_LOC.*</string>
                            <string>UDKGame/Profiling</string>
                            <string>UDKGame/Script/OnlineSubsystemGameSpy.u</string>
                            <string>UDKGame/Script/OnlineSubsystemLive.u</string>
                          </MainFilesToExclude>
                          <GameFilesToExclude>
                            <string>Binaries/SpeedTreeModeler</string>
                            <string>Binaries/FaceFXPlugins</string>
                            <string>Binaries/ActorX</string>
                            <string>Binaries/GFx</string>
                            <string>Binaries/Android</string>
                            <string>Binaries/Flash</string>
                            <string>Binaries/iPhone</string>
                            <string>Binaries/Mac</string>
                            <string>Binaries/Redist</string>
                            <string>Engine/Config/Android</string>
                            <string>Engine/Config/Flash</string>
                            <string>Engine/Config/iPhone</string>
                            <string>Engine/Config/Mac</string>
                            <string>Engine/Config/Mobile</string>
                            <string>Engine/Extras</string>
                            <string>Engine/Shaders/Mobile</string>
                            <string>Engine/Stats</string>
                            <string>Engine/Localization/^Readme(.*).rtf</string>
                            <string>Engine/Localization/INT/^Editor(.*).int</string>
                            <string>Development/Flash</string>
                            <string>Development/src</string>
                            <string>UDKGame/Build</string>
                            <string>UDKGame/Config</string>
                            <string>UDKGame/Content/(.*)</string>
                            <string>UDKGame/CookedAndroid</string>
                            <string>UDKGame/CookedFlash</string>
                            <string>UDKGame/CookediPhone</string>
                            <string>UDKGame/CookedMac</string>
                            <string>UDKGame/Flash</string>
                            <string>UDKGame/Localization</string>
                            <string>UDKGame/Movies</string>
                            <string>UDKGame/ProjectTemplates</string>
                            <string>UDKGame/Splash/Mac</string>
                            <string>Binaries/^CookerSync(.*)</string>
                            <string>Binaries/^GamePlayProfiler(.*)</string>
                            <string>Binaries/^MemLeakCheckDiffer(.*)</string>
                            <string>Binaries/^NetworkProfiler(.*)</string>
                            <string>Binaries/^PackageDiff(.*)</string>
                            <string>Binaries/P4PopulateDepot.exe</string>
                            <string>Binaries/^Stats(.*)</string>
                            <string>Binaries/^UeScriptProfiler(.*)</string>
                            <string>Binaries/(.*).exe.config</string>
                            <string>Binaries/RPCUtility(.*)</string>
                            <string>Binaries/ShaderKeyTool(.*)</string>
                            <string>Binaries/SwarmCoordinator(.*)</string>
                            <string>Binaries/UnrealFrontend(.*)</string>
                            <string>Binaries/UnrealLoc(.*)</string>
                            <string>Binaries/ShaderKeyTool(.*)</string>
                            <string>Binaries/UnrealConsole(.*)</string>
                            <string>Binaries/UnrealCommand(.*)</string>
                            <string>Binaries/UDKLift.exe</string>
                          </GameFilesToExclude>
                          <RequiredFolders>
                            <string>UDKGame/CookedPC</string>
                          </RequiredFolders>
                          <GameFilesToInclude>
                            <string>UDKGame/Config/^Default(.*).ini</string>
                            <string>UDKGame/CookedPC/(.*)</string>
                            <string>UDKGame/Localization/(.*)</string>
                            <string>UDKGame/Movies/(.*)</string>
                            <string>UDKGame/Content/Shared/(.*)</string>
                          </GameFilesToInclude>
                        </ManifestOptions>
                        When you run the editor it will ask to rebuild scripts select no
                        Script compilation and multi computer lighting have being disabled in this example of a mod sdk
                        You will also need to write a version of http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/DevelopmentKitUFE.html for cooking content for your game to read.

Comment

When I start the freshly installed UDK I get these two errors:
                          Problem signature:
                          Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
                          Problem Signature 01: unsetup.exe
                          Problem Signature 02: 1.0.4797.32539
                          Problem Signature 03: 51226d3f
                          Problem Signature 04: UnSetup
                          Problem Signature 05: 1.0.4797.32539
                          Problem Signature 06: 51226d3f
                          Problem Signature 07: 7d
                          Problem Signature 08: 2
                          Problem Signature 09: System.NullReferenceException
                          OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
                          Locale ID: 1031
                          Additional Information 1: 93c8
                          Additional Information 2: 93c8bc577a2e79004317b67fe5ba53ed
                          Additional Information 3: 9e6f
                          Additional Information 4: 9e6f3a7e7905eecffee9c81a8411dcb3

Read our privacy statement online:
                          http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?link...8&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
                          C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt
                          Problem signature:
                          Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
                          Application Name: UDK.exe
                          Application Version: 1.0.10900.0
                          Application Timestamp: 5122c734
                          Fault Module Name: KERNELBASE.dll
                          Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.17965
                          Fault Module Timestamp: 506dcae6
                          Exception Code: 00000001
                          Exception Offset: 000000000000bccd
                          OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
                          Locale ID: 1031
                          Additional Information 1: 90dd
                          Additional Information 2: 90dde7ca967b10dbe9046aba733cf7cf
                          Additional Information 3: b25e
                          Additional Information 4: b25ef8c5f914f6526afa5cbcb0dfd043

Read our privacy statement online:
                          http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?link...8&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
                          C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt
                          I'll start working on restoring my work in the November build now. The February version seems to be kinda FUBAR for what I need due to this error.

Comment

That is not the launch.log
                            Did you try udk.exe editor
                            And udk.exe -installed to see if the game and editor where both working
                            Edit: unsetup is suppose to crash at adding shortcuts I don't know how to fix that yet
                            The editor may take some time to run the first time you launch it
                            If you know XML you can try editing unsetup.manifest.xml to make it work
                            The file should be well described on udn

Comment

That is not the launch.log
                              Did you try udk.exe editor
                              And udk.exe -installed to see if the game and editor where both working
                              If you know XML you can try editing unsetup.manifest.xml to make it work
                              The file should be well described on udn
                              Nope just the error windows spits out.
                              I tried all the shortcuts&commands... they all still lead to a crash.
                              I don't know a thing about XML.
                              I recreated all the vital changes in the November BETA2 version now, so I'll just stick with that one.
                              I still have plenty of smaller changes to catch up with... but if I accidentially skip some of those I'll just blame it on Epic.

Comment

Working...
                              X