Learning to create a turn-based strategy game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Learning to create a turn-based strategy game

I've been learning UnrealScript over the past week(I have decent background in Java and C++ so it's not coming along particularly bad) and I'm starting to wonder, am I using the correct engine for what I'm trying to make? It seems as if UDK is heavily FPS oriented in nature. I know through hard work I can definitely achieve what I'm looking for, but are there any engines better suited for RPGs/Turned Based games in general?

Udk can make any type of game
    http://www.unrealengine.com/en/showc...enemy_unknown/

Comment

Hi Tristsin

Take a gander at one of the Starter Kits. If you want another perspective other than First-Person take a look here. Some good Tutorials on UDK's Input system and other stuff on Mougli's Portfolio. As a fellow programmer, my first word of advice is to embrace the Unreal Way and coding standard. My second word of advice is to live, breath, eat, and dream about UDK and UnrealScript for next 30 days. Afterwards, you will know exactly how you will need to approach your game in UDK. My final word of advice is to go into the UDK Community Links and click the IndieDB Link. There are hundreds of UDK Projects to watch and keep motivated.

If your Turn-based Strategy game does NOT need state-of-the-art 3D Rendering, Animation, Audio, Physics, Input, Networking, AI & Navigation, and some really Cool Dev Tools then I'm forced to Google that for you.

Comment

Working...
      X