Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

questions about next UDK version license and platforms?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

questions about next UDK version license and platforms?

Hello, I am testing diferent game engines to choice one, for the most of indie developers is impossible pay a full UDK license and the $99 license of UDK 3 is limited to Windows and IOS publishing, someone know if the next UDK version will be have changes in this license aspect?

If you mean with the next version, a UDK version of UE4, there is no word on anything about that yet.

If you mean the next version of the current UDK (ie. the Januari 2013 version or something), don't count on it.
    You can however, edit the file "build.properties" in the "Binaries" folder and change the line "UDK=1" to ";UDK=1". This'll give more build options, although they may not work. I never tested them tbh.

Comment

Mac is also included.

You do realize that the XBox360 and PS3 platforms aren't free right?

Comment

thanks for answer, Solid Snake you have some link with info about that Mac platform publishing will be included in the indie license (i call indie but really is the $99 UDK commercial license)?, if this is right is a very important news and when will be official I adquire my indie license immediately, i am not a UDK fan but in my opinion is the best game engine today and would be very nice work with this engine.

Comment

The 99$ UDK license includes Mac publishing. UDK doesn't run on Macs but the games made with it have been for quite some time now. You'll also need an apple developer account ofc. which costs 99$ per year.

Comment

thankyou very much, is awesome, Windows, Mac and IOS are great targets and markets for a indie developer.

Comment

Working...
            X