Fade Static mesh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fade Static mesh

Hi!, have been reading tutorials for over a day soon. im trying to understand, and make a static mesh that fades away. i can get a mesh to change color or material, just not a see thru material. any tip, or maybe there is a guid i have missed.
    me and a friend is trying to make a platform game. so i whant fade out parts of buildings etc when u get close, so u can enter them and still see.

edit; we are building for pc

The simplest way is to have your materials set up with a blend mode of "blend_transluscent" and put a scalar parameter in the opacity slot of the material with a value of 1. Use a material instance of the material on your mesh and add a trigger to the scene. Set up a sequence in kismet that, when the player enters the trigger, adjust the scalar parameter of the material in a matinee sequence to shift from 1 to 0 (or almost 0 for slightly visible).

Comment

thanks for the reply, im gona try and see if i can get it to work.

Comment

Have been trying to get it to work, and it almost does. guess im doing something wrong with the material. right now i can see thru the material from start, and then the back inside of the material fades away. any tips?

EDIT so i have figured out why is looks transparant, it works fine on meshes that have 1 texture, but not on meshes that have 2 textures.

Comment

Working...
        X