Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(Solved) [Question] How to change the size of materials?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Thank you all for answering, sorry I didn't come earlier. I can't check now if what you have said works, but I suppose it does. I will check it soon, so if I don't post in this thread again it will mean it got solved.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    For BSP:
    There are UV scaling options available in the properties window

For static Mesh:
    In material editor right click and select "New Texture Coordinate" plug this into your UVs into the diffuse(and all others that apply). Just adjust Utiling and Vtiling as you see fit.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    For BSP you don't NEED texture coordinate nodes. You can just scale the texture up/rotate it using the proper scaling tool.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Are you working with BSP brushes or a mesh?

If it's a BSP brush smokey13 is correct you'd apply a texture coordinate node to the material and plug it into your textures UV slot.

If your working with a mesh you should properly UV in the modeling software so that if you re use that material in the scene it isn't tiled a whole bunch of times.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    if memory serves in material editor you need to add a "texture coordinate" then you can change the size of the material tiles.

Leave a comment:

• (Solved) [Question] How to change the size of materials?

Hi, I've applied materials to really large surfaces, and the material has repeated on them thousands of times, looking very tiny if staying far. I need to know how to change the size of materials. Does anybody know how to do that?
Working...
X