UDK / 3DS Max 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UDK / 3DS Max 2012

Hello everyone, I have a quick question on collision. I made some roads and highways as a mesh and put some collision on it in 3DS Max 2012. UDK editor compiled everything for this map. Now after all is said and done, I have compiled and played it on the pc for some reason in the new UDK it's not understanding my collision from 3DS Max 2012. I am starting my collision off with UCX_Roads for my collision.Now when I walk on the roads I fall right through but it's said there's collision is on the Meshes does anyone have this same problem or can they tell me how to fix it.

I regularly have this issue with FBX exports. A workaround is to export to ASE instead. If you need any of the FBX import settings that are not available with ASEs you can simply import an ASE first and then import the FBX with the same name. This will override the mesh while leaving your collision data intact.

Comment

Do what Arnage said. When you import you're .ase file, save it immediatly in the content browser then double click on the object in the content browser, and find the Collision setting up above and go with 6DOP simplified collision. drag into you're world then try to collide the pawn with the object.

Comment

Thank you for the information but I did get it to work with the FBX just fine I seen what I was doing wrong in the first place and it works now

Comment

Working...
        X