Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I urgently need help with 2 things please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Just a suggestion, don't use fluid surface actors! if you do make one successfully hit the tild key ~ then type in stat fps and watch you're frames per second get eaten away! You should use something else, Like a material that's changing constantly with it's instructions. Then maybe a particle spawn on collide. Don't use regular particles either, they eat the frames too. Use PhysX particles.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    First check the scale of the waves on your fluid surface. A gigantic wave will disappear and take forever to re-appear because its a million miles below the original surface. For the bots make sure 'force death match' is checked in the actor factory AND make sure the bot itself is on a different team from the player.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The 3D buzz videos are still good but slightly outdated as new versions of the engine come out multiple times a year.

For water just open the content browser and change tabs to the actor classes tab, and select the fluid surface actor movable and scale it to what you need. Pressing F4 will allow you to adjust the "ripple" properties, etc. As for the material, UDK comes with some good ones to get you started, or use the 3D buzz video to set up a camera and a material instance if you want real time reflections. Deeper water requires a water volume under it.

For the bot, make sure you go to view - world properties - and select gametype deathmatch or team deathmatch in the play in editor. Also be very sure to check the force deathmatch AI in the ActorFactoryAI when it is spawned.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic I urgently need help with 2 things please!

I urgently need help with 2 things please!

Okay firstly my fluid surfaces don't work. I did things exactly as in the 3d buzz tutorials but as soon as something collides with the surface it just disappears. And my second problem is when I spawn a bot (also just like in the tutorials) it runs to the actors i specified it to go to but it never shoots me. It's like there is some kind of good guy setting or something active. Please i would really love to have that fixed.
Working...
X