Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone elses builder brush add stuff by itself?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone elses builder brush add stuff by itself?

First of all let me say how stupid it is that you can never remove the god damned thing from the editor, it itches my OCD in such a way.

I always park it some place as far away from my level as possible and leave it there so that it doesn't interfere with what I am doing. I have to check it every half an hour or so and everytime I load my level because it is like a hen laying bsp's and orange coloured volumes all over the place. I don't think I'm pressing the add short cuts by mistake, it just does it out of no where. Sure enough I just deleted all the volumes it layed before coming here to rant about this, and when I went back to the editor to make sure it wasn't doing it, there were two fresh new steaming piles of bsp where I had left the brush. Hiding the brush obviously doesn't stop it from building geometry.

If you're trying to use Ctrl-S to save, that shortcut creates a subtraction brush in UEd. Ctrl-A creates an addition brush. If you want to "get rid" of it you can move it into an empty area and press Intersect (lower left of the CSG buttons).

Comment

Does it make pretty things atleast?

Comment

No, just 10+ boxes occupying the same volume of space....and the same coordinates. I thought that wasn't possible with BSP.

Comment

Working...
        X