Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is UDK suitable for a MMORPG?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Is UDK suitable for a MMORPG?

    Just asking this question for future reference... Thank you

    #2
    For future reference, no... You're welcome.

    Comment


      #3
      Search the forums. This comes up every week.

      Comment


        #4
        Let me tell you a story.

        I was in ReNO, and I drank a CappucciNO in the CasiNO with Dr. NO.


        In other words, the UDK player cap is 64 players. That, and I highly doubt that you have the funds to even buy enough servers to support a MMO, much less be able to pay the electric bill until the game becomes successful enough to even pay for itself, much less turn a profit.

        Comment


          #5
          What it's offered to the people it's not an engine, for devoloping MMPROGS, just an engine to devolope games like for deathmatching 64 limit.

          However you can mod the engine ,if you get the full license and that's kinda expensive, and you need some real good skills ...

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by NekoDemon117 View Post

            I was in ReNO, and I drank a CappucciNO in the CasiNO with Dr. NO.
            What happened then? What did Dr.NO say?

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Neongho View Post
              What it's offered to the people it's not an engine, for devoloping MMPROGS, just an engine to devolope games like for deathmatching 64 limit.

              However you can mod the engine ,if you get the full license and that's kinda expensive, and you need some real good skills ...
              That's a pretty limiting description, and I'm sure one Epic has been keen to escape. It's been proven that you can make just about any type of game with UDK. Of all game genres, MMO is the one that depends far more on your resources, dedication and financial situation than any other aspect including the engine.

              Comment


                #8
                Global Agenda is a unreal MMO. unreal can do anything you want it to do.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by avp2501 View Post
                  Global Agenda is a unreal MMO. unreal can do anything you want it to do.
                  It's powered by Unreal Engine 3 (full source code).

                  Comment


                    #10
                    you cant even edit relevance rules for some reason these are coded in C++ and are available only for full licences,
                    some phashing, instance systems would be incredibly hard to create without access to source, so id say just give up if you want to create MMO with UDK

                    Lineage2 and Tera are also Unreal ;d

                    Comment


                      #11
                      And Blade & Soul...

                      I had an oportunity to play it and it's very beautifull and the gameplay is amazing.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X