November 2012 Edit Launch Warnings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

November 2012 Edit Launch Warnings

Ive noticed an error when using the latest build. Im currently using the blank install and im getting these two errors:
    [0005.17] Log: Failed to load 'UI_Fonts': Can't find file 'UI_Fonts'
    [0005.18] Log: Failed to load 'FX_HitEffects': Can't find file 'FX_HitEffects'

Anyone have these same errors in their log when launching the editor? Afaik they are UT related packages? Not 100% sure

Uhm strange the folders for these are still in the blank installation. I just noticed them earlier. Maybe there is something wrong with the files or the editor just doesn't recognize them.

Comment

I too have this problem. To solve it just do the following;

1. In the Content Folder create a new folder called Effects.

2. From a UDK full install package copy the following packages from the Content/Effects Folder to your new Effects Folder:

FX_HitEffects.upk
      UDK_LUT.upk
      UN_LensTypes.upk

3. Do the same for UI_Fonts.upk except copy it to the Content/Shared Folder.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Thank you for the tip, Shywalker! I've tried to remove the references from the config files, but since we are working in a shared environment, sooner or later they would pop back from someone's .ini. So the best way to get rid of these errors is indeed to just add those files.

Comment

Working...
        X