[Idea] XMP in UDK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Idea] XMP in UDK

Remember XMP from Unreal 2 and the UT2004 mod UTXMP by free monkey? I think XMP had some of the best MP gameplay of all time and it would be amazing to play a modern version of it.

How about a UDK F2P version? It would be amazing to have a game with excellent gameplay that also had great graphics and physics (the latter 2 were lacking in previous releases). You could even sell it if you really wanted to although then you wouldn't be able to port any content over.

What do you think?

I think you need to be clear on what you are suggesting. Unreal:XMP? Never gonna happen. An XMP-like game? More likely.

Comment

Why couldn't a Unreal XMP game happen? I'm not saying steal the content from prior games... but just make new content that resembles the old games.

Comment

Unreal is the intellectual property of Epic Games. Infringing on anyone's IP is prohibited.

Comment

Originally posted by ffejnosliw View Post
          Unreal is the intellectual property of Epic Games. Infringing on anyone's IP is prohibited.
          I'm not suggesting infringing on IP. Please read my second post.

Comment

You cannot use the name, the story, or the characters or their likenesses. As long as you say "Unreal XMP", I have to warn you about IP infringement. If you mean a completely unrelated game with similar gameplay, that is another story. But, you need to make that clear.

Comment

Well there's always tribes.

Comment

Originally posted by ffejnosliw View Post
                You cannot use the name, the story, or the characters or their likenesses. As long as you say "Unreal XMP", I have to warn you about IP infringement. If you mean a completely unrelated game with similar gameplay, that is another story. But, you need to make that clear.
                Ya thats fine, you don't have to call it Unreal XMP. Also I want the gameplay to be identical.

Originally posted by MonsOlympus View Post
                Well there's always tribes.
                Tribes is fine but its not XMP and is a poor substitute for it.

Comment

Well you're entitled to your opinion, I just mentioned the first f2p classed based game using UE3 I could think of.

Nothin stopping you making something similar in UDK, personally I didn't mind quake wars.

They just don't seem to be that popular these days.

Comment

Sorry for the necro post, but there is further discussion here:
                    http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...Player-UDK-XMP

Comment

Working...
                    X