Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by TheAgent View Post
    UDK will be released tomorrow with a holloween skin as the latest update.
    Yes! And then another update for Christmas with a Christmas skin.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by TheAgent View Post
    hahaha, this is a good one !!!! sorry for the laugh ....

Leave a comment:

• replied

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I feel like Amelia Pond sitting out front her house on her suitcase waiting for the doctor.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Henrik View Post
    two days left to what, there is no guarantee that there will be anything on the 31st just because it's an anniversary.
    I don't have high hopes for a 31st update simply because Epic never seemed to like releasing the updates on a fixed day. However it would be awesome if they prepared some kick *** update for tomorrow. ^^

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I would imagine that we'll get at least one update before the end of the year, the Occulus Rift is supposed to support the engine and that's supposed to be out by the end of the year (hopefully)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by tegleg View Post
    all i hope for is that they havnt abandoned udk3 altogether,
    a few important bug fixes is all it needs and i can start releasing games again

wish i had stuck with 10/2011 beta, that actually worked ok, everything since has been pretty terrible.
    dam that no backwards compatibility thing bah..
    This is what has me worried about UDK updates and feeling like I always need to have the next one, far moreso than any new groundbreaking features it might have.

I keep hoping that the next UDK will have the bug fixes I have been long waiting for. Especially for the Landscape feature, which crashes UDK a lot. Plus the Visibility tool doesn't make the landscape it is used on invisible. It just makes it pass-through for the player and vehicles according to my test with the Midday Lighting template and a new 64x64 Landscape. At least I don't seem to be encountering either the weapon-fire disruption inside of Landscape or death-spawn inside of Landscape bugs. [edit: this is with the July 2012 UDK (version #: 10246)]

Leave a comment:

• replied
    @OP: this is your idea of optimism, don't hold anyone else to it. I only want a new version when it has something worth seeing. I am optimistic for that, not some arbitrary "two days" or "two weeks".

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Honestly, I miss the regular updates. It's like waiting for Santa to drop a gift at your doorstep, but every month instead of year.

What I'd rather see is a solid release having alot of bug fixes rather than new features. Not that I have faced any show stoppers myself, but to avoid any frustrations that I see around here sometimes..

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This is not uncommon with the other engine they are both making a big update to bring more people to there engine
    But about how udk help make people ready for ue3 how many studios used udk to get on the list https://udn.epicgames.com/Three/UnrealEngineContractors

Leave a comment:

• replied
    all i hope for is that they havnt abandoned udk3 altogether,
    a few important bug fixes is all it needs and i can start releasing games again

wish i had stuck with 10/2011 beta, that actually worked ok, everything since has been pretty terrible.
    dam that no backwards compatibility thing bah..

Leave a comment:

• replied
    does it matter what we say about it? we've had plenty of these since august
    now I might sound ****** about it but I'm not. I just don't expect anything from new UDK releases anymore, because besides bugfixing I doubt UE3-UDK will get any new real features (seen it for quite some months now, and that 3d glasses thing doesnt count).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    "You better make some good games...."

"two days left to what, there is no guarantee that there will be anything on the 31st just because it's an anniversary."

"Two Days Left... before you start waiting for another full month"

Bunch of negative responses.

You could have said, Yeah I hope epic has something nice for us, it's been a while since the last update....

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Two Days Left

before you start waiting for another full month

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Again it is a hope that they have something I also realize that they will go another month or more if they feel they do not need to update. I am just thinking positive.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X