• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by HEGI View Post
    Rad!
    http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/MobileLandscape.html

It says November 2012 release, so it can't be that far away.
    He He nice find. Yeh must be close to the release then. Probably just about NOW or next week. ^^

Leave a comment:

• replied
    my guess? Two Days™.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Rad!
    http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/MobileLandscape.html

It says November 2012 release, so it can't be that far away.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by geodav View Post
    @Gedden
    please stop the rumour mill, not sure why the next release is taking its time but its on its way, afaik Epic will still support UDK, don't forget they said the first UE4 game will be Fort-Night which won't be released till spring next year, so don't panic.

i'm only guessing here but i expect at least half the engine team will be pushing UE4 to be stable and releasable which takes a lot of time, well thats what i'd be doing
    Yeah, I've also started to think they have no reason to drop support for the Udk. I mean I don't know if the Udk is profitable to them or not, but it does get people and future developers interested in the Unreal technology and that can't be a bad thing. Also some games (including mine) are in development with Udk and they can't just remove the Udk like that, can they?
    Anyway, let's hope someone from Epic confirms this to us (don't they visit the forums anymore?).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    udk will be still supported, but i think that epic has a deadline for ue4 and that's why all the programmers are working on ue4, in conclusion the release of the new versions for udk were slowed down.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    @Gedden
    please stop the rumour mill, not sure why the next release is taking its time but its on its way, afaik Epic will still support UDK, don't forget they said the first UE4 game will be Fort-Night which won't be released till spring next year, so don't panic.

i'm only guessing here but i expect at least half the engine team will be pushing UE4 to be stable and releasable which takes a lot of time, well thats what i'd be doing

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Is it just me or did the updates stop just after announcements of Unreal 4?

So now im starting to ask myself, is there some major new version of UDK coming out that supports the next engine, or is epic going to drop support for UDK?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    *echoing sound of defeat*

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Zeqzy View Post
    Udk is ue3 just without having to wait for it to build when you get it
    Ehm, no. That's not the difference between them at all.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I was talking about the lack of an update that it is not just udk that is not being updated
    Udk is ue3 just without having to wait for it to build when you get it

Leave a comment:

• replied
    "But this is 1 of the disadvantages of using a game engine from a game studio"

Care to elaborate? UDK isn't the full engine. If you get a full engine license you can do whatever you want.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Every day is an anniversary of udk when you see hundreds of games published using ue3
    Also if they are adding ouya support to udk they will have to add an android build of udk to do this ( hope fully adding windowsrt and windows phone and flash and Linux support aswell )
    Also udk is only in 32 bit for published game on windows
    But this is 1 of the disadvantages of using a game engine from a game studio

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well that was a rather unspectatcular anniversary of UDK yesterday. lol

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Chosker View Post
    Two Days Left

before you start waiting for another full month
    lol, sry, but thats just funny

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Hello_World! View Post
    Yes! And then another update for Christmas with a Christmas skin.
    you missed November's release, where they take out the Halloween skin

Leave a comment:

Working...
X