Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by geodav View Post
    @Gedden
    please stop the rumour mill, not sure why the next release is taking its time but its on its way, afaik Epic will still support UDK, don't forget they said the first UE4 game will be Fort-Night which won't be released till spring next year, so don't panic.

i'm only guessing here but i expect at least half the engine team will be pushing UE4 to be stable and releasable which takes a lot of time, well thats what i'd be doing
    Yeah, I've also started to think they have no reason to drop support for the Udk. I mean I don't know if the Udk is profitable to them or not, but it does get people and future developers interested in the Unreal technology and that can't be a bad thing. Also some games (including mine) are in development with Udk and they can't just remove the Udk like that, can they?
    Anyway, let's hope someone from Epic confirms this to us (don't they visit the forums anymore?).

Comment

Rad!
      http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/MobileLandscape.html

It says November 2012 release, so it can't be that far away.

Comment

my guess? Two Days™.

Comment

Originally posted by HEGI View Post
          Rad!
          http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/MobileLandscape.html

It says November 2012 release, so it can't be that far away.
          He He nice find. Yeh must be close to the release then. Probably just about NOW or next week. ^^

Comment

Originally posted by XilenceX View Post
            He He nice find. Yeh must be close to the release then. Probably just about NOW or next week. ^^
            or two days

Comment

Originally posted by Chosker View Post
              or two days
              No, at the time of writing that would've made it a sunday release. I think that would've been a first. lool Soo the 2 days doesn't work on EVERY day! ^^

Comment

Two weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Henrik View Post
                  my guess? Two Days™.
                  I'm with Henrik here.

Comment

tencharacters
                    Attached Files

Comment

@Gedden
                      please stop the rumour mill, not sure why the next release is taking its time but its on its way, afaik Epic will still support UDK, don't forget they said the first UE4 game will be Fort-Night which won't be released till spring next year, so don't panic.

i'm only guessing here but i expect at least half the engine team will be pushing UE4 to be stable and releasable which takes a lot of time, well thats what i'd be doing
                      Never been accused of being a 1 man rumor mill before . While I hope that its not the case, I must point out you are also guessing.

No one would contest that upgrading UDK to UE4 would involve a significant engineering effort from Epic. This is compounded by the 'rumor' that unrealscript is going away in UE4. Hell I would prefer UDK go to UE4 provided there is a migration path in place.

That being said its no secret that since the announcement of UE4, all updates to UDK have halted. Granted this could be a total coincidence. Epic does not 'owe' the udk community anything, even an explanation. They actually communicate with us very rarely (there has not been an 'Unreal Insider' post since 2011, for example). There is no reason to suddenly expect communication now, however it means as a community we have to speculate.

I feel its completely reasonable to bring up the possibility Epic may not think UDK3-->UDK4 is worth it. All im saying is a post from epic (or even better, an update) would go a long way for me personally.

Comment

how about an educated guess then as a MVP http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/897600-Unreal-MVPs you get to hear a little more so please don't panic.

can't say to much at this stage

Comment

Also that is the icon of the ue3 editor http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/MobileLandscape.html on one of the pictures
                          Also it does make epic look good giving a game engine to the comunity and they do get whatever's sent to et.epicgames.com

Comment

Forgive me if I am not moved by vague references to a closed forum from "some random dude" alluding to information that may or may not be pertinent. heh.

I am far from a state of panic, just pointing out what appears to be going on to the community at large. Hopefully I can play a part in bringing the lack of information to the attention of someone who can actually say or do something

Comment

how about an educated guess then as a MVP http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/897600-Unreal-MVPs you get to hear a little more so please don't panic.

can't say to much at this stage
                              makes me jealous, how many tutorials / help do I need to write before being an MVP?

Comment

Originally posted by Chosker View Post
                                how many tutorials / help do I need to write before being an MVP?
                                All of the tutorials! ALL OF THEM!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X