Is this a glitch?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this a glitch?!

I keep getting this error and it's really annoying me.

The error means exactly what it says.

On of your static meshes doesn't have a proper lightmass UV.
    Basically, you need two UV channels (unless the 1st fulfills the conditions of a lightmass UV) one for the material, and one for pre-calculated lighting.
    The lighting channel needs to not have any overlapping UVs. If it does, it will lead to erronous (and impossible) light building. Consider trying to paint two sides of the same surface, but each side has to be unique. It's impossible.

How to make two UV channel depends on which 3d modeling software you use.

Comment

I don't have any static meshes in my level, I'm still blocking it out with BSP's. Do you see how it say's "none" under actor? That's what's bothering me. I deleted a couple BSP's and remade them and it seems to have fixed it but it's still a weird error with no static meshes in my level.

Comment

Looks like a glitch to me.

Comment

It's not a glitch, it's a warning. It means that you need to generate unique UV's for the object. Go to your content browser, double click your asset with the issues and Go to window-and click generate unique UV's. Check that the settings are good, and if that doesn't work try changing the UV channel in the top left. I had a few do this a while ago and unfortunately I can't remember exactly which options fixed it.

Comment

Have you tried rebuilding lighting after cleaning Swarm cache? Some messed up lightmaps occur sometimes when i build lighting one after another but then it gets fixed when i clear the cache. Don't know if those reports have anything to do with Swarm but maybe a deleted object is still stored in the cache?

Comment

Originally posted by raymondlee306 View Post
              It's not a glitch, it's a warning. It means that you need to generate unique UV's for the object. Go to your content browser, double click your asset with the issues and Go to window-and click generate unique UV's. Check that the settings are good, and if that doesn't work try changing the UV channel in the top left. I had a few do this a while ago and unfortunately I can't remember exactly which options fixed it.
              You're missing the point sir. How can you generate UV's for something that doesn't exist.

Comment

I've had this problem as well. Note the <none> in the Actor column for those of you who think it's not a glitch. I am curious about the exact circumstances that cause this to happen but it's never actually caused a problem for me beyond that error message.

Comment

this happened to me when (i think) i placed an actor on the map then changed the actor so it didnt have a propper reference on the map.
                  like moving a mesh into a different package or changing the location of the actors script.

Comment

You're missing the point sir. How can you generate UV's for something that doesn't exist.
                    Ahhh...Yes. Sorry about that, I missed that part. I had this error on a level a while back and I can't remember how I fixed it. I'll fire up my desktop later and take a look at that level.

Comment

I might be wrong here but I remember it happen to me when using 2012-03... I had placed a Mesh in my map then deleted that Mesh from the browser (but not the map).
                      It didn't show up on the map when loaded but gave that worning.
                      Maybe I'll try a test later.

Comment

!!!!!!!!!!

Why do I have a double post?

!!!!!!!!!!

I might be wrong here but I remember it happening to me when using 2012-03... I had placed a Mesh in my map then deleted that Mesh from the browser (but not the map).
                        It didn't show up on the map when loaded but gave that worning.
                        Maybe I'll try a test later.

Comment

Anyone figure this out yet? Mine doesn't say <none>... it's just blank..

Comment

Working...
                          X