Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UDK import and export function in Blender now.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UDK import and export function in Blender now.

I just installed the latest release of Blender this morning and was pleased to find a .udk export function, and import as well, has been included in the program. I haven't had time to check it out completely yet but it looks like there's a rebuild mesh and UV function included. If it has already been posted, my apologies.

Not a blender user but perhaps you should clarify what you mean by "latest"... dev build?

Comment

most of those options have been in blender for a long time (just under different names)

becarefull atm as we're having issues with morph-targets created in blender 2.64 + 2.63 if the original mesh was created in an earlier version

Comment

also saying ".udk export" is VERY misleading if you only mean meshes... if it could export mesh layouts into a udk readable level file... shoo... even I would start using it.

Comment

Blender, it seems, only generates psk/psa files, not udk files. I just downloaded the newest version excitedly to be vastly disappointed that I can't build everything in Blender and dump it into UDK.

Comment

Originally posted by taddmencer View Post
            Blender, it seems, only generates psk/psa files, not udk files. I just downloaded the newest version excitedly to be vastly disappointed that I can't build everything in Blender and dump it into UDK.
            Blender exports PSA/PSK, FBX and ASE. It covers all the formats you need to build whatever you want and "dump it into UDK".

Comment

yep yep.. you can still build and use everything in UDK of course it just involves a bit more setup that's all... same goes with all other software, though some of the good dudes in this community have some up with cool scripts for Maya especially... that transfer actual layouts if you like visualizing everything in your 3d prog first... speaking of which I need to look that up again.. but a quick and dirty way is just to have all objects manipulator be zero'd out (same world coordinates) then in UDK you simply drag them in and set the properties for each to the same XY and Z value. then they should be exactly laid out as in your 3d program.

Comment

In my experience, at least as of one of the Blender 2.64 test builds, .fbx is actually better for exporting skeletal meshes than psk/psa, because the .psk/psa exporter seems to run out of stack space very easily on meshes with even a modest number of polygons. I don't know if this is something others have experienced but it was a brief source of frustration for me.

Comment

Just use FBX, you can even export the morph targets with it

Comment

Working...
                  X