X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UDK and MMORPG

Where to start this post?...

Well.... this isn't just one more thread asking if i can create a mmorpg with udk i have something more to ask. So dont crucify me before read the post

I'm working on a project to make a MMORPG. Not just one more mmorpg but a very very diferent mmorpg. A hole new level. "But... man.... are you insane??" Yep, maybe...

I'll start working on the game itself in 2 or 3 years maybe. For now i'll keep working in the story, concept art, creating game stuffs, systems and how things will be and etc etc (and improving my C++ programming).

I'm willing to use UDK (from UE4). Since ill start creating the game in 2~3 years i hope the new udk has already been lauched.

I'm also aware of the insanity of things that needs to create a mmorpg (believe... i am )

What i want to know is. If i were to use the current version of UDK how good it deals with massive multiplayer?

To create a MP game i have to start the process with this in mind or can i finish some steps of the game first and then start the MP step?

Of course i'll keep studing the udk and when i have knowledge enough i'll start the game.

Has already been said anything regarding MP in UE4? If something will be improved or implemented?

Super short answer: You can't do MMOs in UDK. And we know nothing of MP in UDK4/UE4 and its support for MMO.

Super long answer: http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...-an-MMO-in-UDK!

Comment

Ops... forgot the search. Sorry.

So... no udk. Got it.

Comment

Working...
      X