Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lighting issue

Hi guys,

I've encountered a problem with the lighting in my level (for university), wondered if anyone could help.

The picture on the left is before the lighting has been rebuilt and looks exactly how I want it to with the yellow circle on the floor, once the lighting is re-built it turns into the picture on the right (no circle on floor).

The only other light in the scene is a sky light and the two in the lamppost are toggleable spotlights.

Can anyone help me fix this issue?

Your lightmap resolution is too low

Comment

Fyi, skylight is deprecated as it doesn't provide natural looking lighting. Environmental lighting is the realistic hemisphere lighting
      It's found in the world properties, lightmass category.

Comment

Appreciate the help guys,

darthviper107 - I increased the resolution to 128 and it has solved the issue, thanks.
        Xendance - I removed the skylight and have been playing with the settings in the environmental lighting and you were right it looks much better (especially the shadows).

Comment

You can also use a directional light for the sun also

Comment

I spoke too soon have tried upping the light map resolution on the ground all the way up to 4096 (32, 64, 128, 256, 512, 1024, 2048, 4096) and it still does not fix the issue, the circle of light is still dissapearing.

Can anyone help me?

Comment

Then your ground is too big, the maximum size is 2048 anyways.

If it's BSP though the number should be going down rather than up

Comment

Cut the static mesh for the ground in half and now it works even with the default resolution of 32, thanks for all of your help guys.

Comment

did you setup lightmap uv's for the floor mesh?

Comment

Working...
                  X