so is that the end of UDK 3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so is that the end of UDK 3?

just wondering if anyone heard anything?
    its been a while since the last udk build.

Five threads down...
    http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...ersions-of-UDK

Comment

i really don't know, i'm waiting for the next release, but epic didn't tell anything.

Comment

Epic's rate of UDK/UE3 releases will shift to every 2-3 months, so they can support each platform with the appropriate amount of new development, fixes and testing.

This will ensure that Epic is going to maintain a stable base for UDK/UE3/UE4. They are expecting a release in October. But please do not quote me on that.

Cheers... TGf

Comment

rumour mill says this month

please don't shoot me if it gets delayed

Comment

Thursday...

Comment

"Two weeks."

Comment

Originally posted by Crusha K. Rool View Post
                "Two weeks."

"Soon™", I suppose.

Comment

i already have it

(that's not the truth)

Comment

Originally posted by reinrag View Post
                    i already have it

(that's not the truth)
                    I already know when it's going to be released.
                    (I am not telling you whether that's the truth because I just like to play with your mind. Beat that!)

Comment

"Two weeks."
                      I just have to laugh at this one. I was reminded of the quote from the movie "Total Recall" from many years ago. So I guess I will add

"Get ready for a big surprise"

Comment

Nah, "two weeks" is just Epic's pendant to "Valve Time". Some time before the release of the UT2k3 demo, Mark Rein was asked how long it would still be until the release of the demo. He said "more than two weeks", but someone misunderstood that as "two weeks" and of course it did not come out at that time. So every two weeks, Mark Rein was asked again for a release date and answered "two weeks" every time. It eventually became a running gag.

Comment

Nah, "two weeks" is just Epic's pendant to "Valve Time". Some time before the release of the UT2k3 demo, Mark Rein was asked how long it would still be until the release of the demo. He said "more than two weeks", but someone misunderstood that as "two weeks" and of course it did not come out at that time. So every two weeks, Mark Rein was asked again for a release date and answered "two weeks" every time. It eventually became a running gag.
                          That's pretty funny as well. I had never heard that comment from Mark Rein. I suspect that we will see another release some time mid October 2012. I wish they could return to a monthly release because as a developer it's hard to determine sometimes if the problems are with your assets or with the engine. At least with a monthly release some of the bugs would get cleaned up. Perhaps things will get better as the new Seattle studio gets on it's feet and starts cranking out new versions of the engine.

Comment

I have it but I'm not gonna share

(I wish)

I would like to know if they're gonna release a version soon with at least terrain holes fixed

Comment

How can it be the end when its still in beta?

Comment

Working...
                              X