Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where are August 2012 & September 2012 versions of UDK?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where are August 2012 & September 2012 versions of UDK?

The project is suspended?

No idea, July and the other versions are alright, and i haven't heard about any suspension concerning UDK whatsoever, so all i can say is i don't know.

Comment

http://www.unrealengine.com/news/epi...ment_kit_beta/

There's a September version of UDK. Enjoy!

Comment

That was cruel

Comment

Well I guess the lack of an August version doesn't really come as a surprise as the releases have been bimonthly for a while now. However it's dissappointing that the releases stretch out even further now as there was no September version either. I hope Epic are working on squashing all those nasty bugs the latest versions of UDK had. I don't think UDK development has been suspended but it has certainly slowed down A LOT.

Comment

Originally posted by ambershee View Post
            That was cruel
            Hey, he didn't say what year.

Comment

Henrik has a point here

Comment

Trolls are not allowed.

Comment

Originally posted by Henrik View Post
                  Hey, he didn't say what year.
                  that remember me a scene from phenomenom where john travolta says "be specific bob"

but i'm waiting for the new release too hope we get it this month !

Comment

http://www.unrealengine.com/news/epi...ment_kit_beta/

There's a September version of UDK. Enjoy!
                    Aww ****. A cruel joke indeed.

Really, though, the situation with updates is bad due to lack of communication from Epic on the matter.
                    We're not entitled to anything, of course, but just keeping silence isn't a very good stance toward your community.

Comment

Well what is there to add to udk and ue4 is now where all the work is going
                      Hopefully they will finish adding Linux support to udk and fix the pcserver error and udk on pc can't read pcconsole build of game
                      Also limited documentation on dlc and tu for game
                      Other engines have not being updated so they are all thinking the same about the next gen engine

Comment

You might be surprised.. I think there could be plenty of life in this puppy yet.

Comment

You might be surprised.. I think there could be plenty of life in this puppy yet.
                          i agree with you, a lot of stuff we can made with the current version !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Zeqzy View Post
                            Well what is there to add to udk
                            collision for foliage meshes, speedtrees as foliage, interactive foliage actors as foliage, properly fixed holes in landscape, and lots and lots of SetWhatever() functions to make up for all those vars set as const or stuff that happens natively.
                            and more stuff I can't remember at the moment

Comment

I think it depends on what plans Epic Games has. ^^ For instance UE3 may be a lot more suitable for mobile devices than UE4 unless that engine scales really really well. he he

Comment

Working...
                              X