Out Of Hell Developer Commentary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Out Of Hell Developer Commentary

Hello guys! I was the developer of the UT2004 Mod 'Out Of Hell' which has been out for a few years now. I realized I never did a post-mortem of the Mod so here it is! Since my roots started in the Unreal Community, I thought I would post it here for all you Aspiring and Senior Developers. I talk a little about the process, some of my struggles and decisions while developing the Mod which I hope you'll find interesting!

Check it out here: http://crcdevblog.wordpress.com/2012...er-commentary/

A long and good read. I really enjoyed playing the game back then but only learned about it after it's release. Had no idea what you went through to get there. Kudos for sticking to it.

Comment

It's an honest tale of guts (in more ways than one) and determination. I would urge any would-be game dev to read this.

Comment

As usual. Anything that remotely shows freedom of speech is blocked in this country. I sure would like to have a look at it. Is it possible to view it from a different website?

P.S, I am an American working abroad in China and constantly have trouble with websites. Any help would be grateful.
        Thank you.

Comment

Beautiful man, much love. Makes me want to break out ut2k4ed again for old times sake. So what are you doing now? Ever start sending your cv to studios again, since, lets face it, your ability isn't really in question any more is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Jetfire View Post
            Beautiful man, much love. Makes me want to break out ut2k4ed again for old times sake. So what are you doing now? Ever start sending your cv to studios again, since, lets face it, your ability isn't really in question any more is it?
            I've done some freelance stuff in the past but not much more than that. I'm more interested in getting my own Indie stuff off the ground at the moment so I haven't been actively pursuing any job in the Game Industry.

Comment

Working...
            X