Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Job???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Job???

Dear Fellows,
    I want to share with you about myself then i will come to the point and only I will share briefly about myself I did Graduation in Bachelor of Science (hons) in Computer Science and also my final project is on UDK and I made little software with the help of UDK, 3Ds Max etc etc and name of project is "3D Interactive Educational Software".

The main point is I am jobless a year ago so can some one help me in this case... I hope you will guide me better and must...

Thanks

Maybe you should look around here: http://forums.epicgames.com/forums/3...ing-for-Talent. You might find something you're interested in there.

Comment

You're probably going to have a hard time finding a job in your own country--if you want some tips you can post your demo reel and we could then see some of your work.

If you don't have a demo reel then that might be your main problem.

Comment

Originally posted by darthviper107 View Post
        You're probably going to have a hard time finding a job in your own country--if you want some tips you can post your demo reel and we could then see some of your work.

If you don't have a demo reel then that might be your main problem.
        Yes darthviper the blender which I did in my life that I didn't give worth to portfolio and didn't save my any work. In my whole university life the one thing which I saved is my final project which I made in UDK...

Comment

Originally posted by yaziii View Post
          Yes darthviper the blender which I did in my life that I didn't give worth to portfolio and didn't save my any work. In my whole university life the one thing which I saved is my final project which I made in UDK...
          If you have nothing to show then no one will hire you. It sounds like you probably got ripped off for your degree if you have nothing to show for it. If you have the time, then you need to do as much as you can to try and make some good work for your portolio.

Comment

If you have nothing to show then no one will hire you. It sounds like you probably got ripped off for your degree if you have nothing to show for it. If you have the time, then you need to do as much as you can to try and make some good work for your portolio.
            only I have this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmEpBLyfWSY&feature=plcp

Comment

If that's all you have, there's no way a company will hire you, it's sad, but true, that's not even worth putting into a portfolio.

What you need to do is first figure out what you specifically want to do. If you're going into video games, there are choices like Environment Artist who models and textures 3D assets for a level, or Character Artist, who models and textures characters, there's also Animators, who rig and animate characters, or Level Designers who take the 3D assets and build the levels in the game.

After you figure out what area you want to go into, you would need to spend as much time as you can to build your portfolio, that means creating a good amount of high-quality content for that specific type of job, so a character artist might make a few high-quality game characters, or an environment artist might build assets and create a few high quality environments. If you compare to commercial games, that's the quality that studios are looking for.

Comment

If that's all you have, there's no way a company will hire you, it's sad, but true, that's not even worth putting into a portfolio.

What you need to do is first figure out what you specifically want to do. If you're going into video games, there are choices like Environment Artist who models and textures 3D assets for a level, or Character Artist, who models and textures characters, there's also Animators, who rig and animate characters, or Level Designers who take the 3D assets and build the levels in the game.

After you figure out what area you want to go into, you would need to spend as much time as you can to build your portfolio, that means creating a good amount of high-quality content for that specific type of job, so a character artist might make a few high-quality game characters, or an environment artist might build assets and create a few high quality environments. If you compare to commercial games, that's the quality that studios are looking for.
                thnx a lot I got all your point now... thnx

Comment

what are you best at? or feel most confident about?

Comment

I agree with your , text thing under all your posts, simpler better
                    moar posts i want thousand !

Comment

Working...
                    X