Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

how to offset a texture?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to offset a texture?

Hello I'm a noobie wandering how can move/offset a texture along the material? I know how to scale a texture, but I need just to move it at some direction. I don't want to be animated - I just want to move it at some direction and to be static. I will be very happy if someone help!

Use a texture coordinate node connected to the UV input of your texture and adjust the properties there.

Comment

Thank you JessieG, but it looks like I can only make the texture tiled with TextureCordinate - I cant just move it but only multiply it at some direction.. Am I doing something wrong? I don't see any property that can move the texture

Comment

I've got help from one other forum. Here is where I was:
        TextureSample <- Add <- TextureCoordinate
        ___________________<- 2-Constant (hold 2 and click)
        http://i.imgur.com/mPT45.jpg
        And here is what resolve the problem:
        Put some values to scroll by in that constant. At the moment you are scrolling 0, 0. It's in UV space so 1 = a full scroll around. Try 0.5 or 0.3 or 0.7.

Comment

I don't think it's possible to offset with the standard nodes, I know I've tried in the past using a panner with the time set to zero but that doesn't work either. You really should just be unwrapping your assets for engine.

Comment

NDK was correct, i use that method. It does tile the texture though

Comment

I'm sure i read somewhere that you can use a panner and a constant clamp. Not at my PC else i would try it.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowWraith View Post
                NDK was correct, i use that method. It does tile the texture though
                You need to have address x and y set to clamp in the texture's properties.

If you do that and restart the editor, scaling with tex coord and moving with the panner will work. Just plug a constant of 0.1 into the panner's time and then mess with the speed to move it. This is how all my signs are setup in game.

Comment

Originally posted by YakZSmelk View Post
                  I don't think it's possible to offset with the standard nodes, I know I've tried in the past using a panner with the time set to zero but that doesn't work either. You really should just be unwrapping your assets for engine.
                  Nope, it is possible and is working great for me.
                  ___________________<- Constant
                  To ofset the texture you must put some values in to the constant. Something different than 0 or other full number like 1,2,3,4... You must put something that is not full number = 0.5 or 0.3 or 0.7...

Comment

Originally posted by NDK View Post
                    Nope, it is possible and is working great for me.
                    ___________________<- Constant
                    To ofset the texture you must put some values in to the constant. Something different than 0 or other full number like 1,2,3,4... You must put something that is not full number = 0.5 or 0.3 or 0.7...
                    Cool to see this actually work, I had tried this so many times and could never get it working properly, thanks for sharing.

I do stick with my second half of my post though and that you should be UVing properly so that you don't have to offset the textures in engine.

Comment

Soooo why not just use the texture panner node with constant time?

Comment

Originally posted by Xendance View Post
                        Soooo why not just use the texture panner node with constant time?
                        because you told me just now
                        Ok so this is another way, thanks!
                        EDIT: and also Monkey-666 and JohnnyFlash also..

Comment

Working...
                        X