Oculus Rift cominng to UE3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oculus Rift cominng to UE3

"Needless to say, I'm a believer... We're extremely excited here at Epic Games to get the Unreal Engine integrated with Oculus"
    Cliff Bleszinski, Design Director Epic Games

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...-into-the-game

Get your dev kits while you can...

I'm hoping this works with UDK

Comment

I believe I am experiencing stagflation. Where is my fainting couch?

Comment

Where does it state UE3? Might as well be UE4.

Comment

Originally posted by Crusha K. Rool View Post
          Where does it state UE3? Might as well be UE4.
          It says so in the FAQ

Comment

I really need to get out from under my rock more, but I was lucky enough to be put onto this 3 days before the kick starter closed and have my dev kit coming apparently in December sometime. Would be great to hear about UDK integration if that's going to happen (compared to unreal engine as a general comment). To qoute Dr. Frank-N-Furter "I shiver with anticipation".

Comment

It says sdk so that means c++ code and the drivers for it to work on only windows in udk
              Full ue3 and unity can add it as a native class to work on all platforms

Comment

We don't know what it means, but I doubt they wouldn't support UDK.

Comment

Originally posted by Zeqzy View Post
                  It says sdk so that means c++ code and the drivers for it to work on only windows in udk
                  Full ue3 and unity can add it as a native class to work on all platforms
                  No... No, it doesn't.
                  All SDK means is that you have access to modify it or create content for it.

UDK is A SDK (In fact, the Unreal bit is simply a replacement for the sake of trademark and branding purposes).

Comment

Originally posted by Graylord View Post
                    No... No, it doesn't.
                    All SDK means is that you have access to modify it or create content for it.

UDK is A SDK (In fact, the Unreal bit is simply a replacement for the sake of trademark and branding purposes).
                    http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comment...39cc?context=5

You'll see they mention that they are targeting c++ initially with the sdk.

Comment

I think that would be referring more to how to get it into things other than Unity or Unreal, basically for those two engines you wouldn't have to do anything special to get the support in. So in Unreal I would imagine there might be a new console command to enable the 3D render and maybe some way to access the head rotation values with unrealscript or maybe even some kismet

Comment

When will it work with UDK?

Comment

When it's ready

Comment

Originally posted by darthviper107 View Post
                            When it's ready
                            Amen.

10[chars]

Comment

Originally posted by darthviper107 View Post
                              When it's ready
                              Really? Are you sure they won't release it when it's unfinished and not ready?

I'm assuming if this works with Hawken then it might be around that time. Unless of course they've said anything else (which is why I'm asking)

Comment

Working...
                              X