Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how to use the 3D functions in new build?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    how to use the 3D functions in new build?

    hi does anyone have any documentation on how to impliment the 3d into our games? i bought a 3DTV specifically for designing games with 3D (extra credit in second year of uni) Iv been out of udk for a while, been working on a new horror game but other things have stoped me, would be nice to get back into it and learn something new.

    #2
    There is no UDN documentation for it yet, just outdated stuff about nVidia's 3D integration.

    However, geo found this: http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...1#post30407119
    It obviously doesn't really work because he doesn't have the right screen for it, but maybe your screen can handle it.

    I also remember that there should be a setting somewhere that defines how far in cm the user is in front of the screen, so it gets properly adjusted.

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by Linkinworm View Post
      hi does anyone have any documentation on how to impliment the 3d into our games? i bought a 3DTV specifically for designing games with 3D (extra credit in second year of uni) Iv been out of udk for a while, been working on a new horror game but other things have stoped me, would be nice to get back into it and learn something new.
      Hi Linkinworm,

      I started a thread with some information about the RealD 3D integration. You can find it here:
      http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...Support-Thread

      Thanks,

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by JMatthews View Post
        Hi Linkinworm,

        I started a thread with some information about the RealD 3D integration. You can find it here:
        http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...Support-Thread

        Thanks,
        hmm nvidia seems to auto make everything 3d, but enableing this makes it side by side, does realD not use framepacking?

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Linkinworm View Post
          hmm nvidia seems to auto make everything 3d, but enableing this makes it side by side, does realD not use framepacking?
          Currently, we only support Side by Side.

          Comment


            #6
            do you need to set up the cameras in a special way? i enabled the real D but it just displays the same image on both sides theres no offset

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Linkinworm View Post
              do you need to set up the cameras in a special way? i enabled the real D but it just displays the same image on both sides theres no offset
              You won't need to set up the cameras. They will configure themselves behind the scenes.

              What display are you using? Can you send a screenshot to 3dgaming AT reald DOT com?

              Thanks,
              John

              Comment


                #8
                Hi, its a LG 47LW450 U

                Comment

                Working...
                X