Retained inventory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Retained inventory

How do I have the player retain certain inventory items and other stats and variables between levels, or when the player dies?

So if I pick up an item in one level, end the level and load another, I still have that item?
    Or if when I start a new level, I want to have the same amount of ammo that I had when I finished the last level?
    If I just add inventory that inventory is done when the level ends. I can't just use default inventory or even set up the player to receive inventory for a specific level, because the player may or may not have that particular item.

How can I save particular inventory items or variables between levels?

Comment

you need to setup a save game system.
      there's a UDN gem that explains how to set up such a system, and there's some other example on UDN called Sapitu

Comment

The save system listed in the gems is for saving levels, and while I could adapt it for my needs, It would be a bit like using a brick for a flyswatter.

This Sapitu looks good though. I guess what I would be doing is creating a special save file invisible to the player, and then it gets saved/loaded with each level change.
        I'll start looking through it to see what I can manage. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
        X