Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Showing UDK EULA for actual game when finished... (Are we supposed to be showing it?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    It simply installs the game through a custom UDK installer. Just the game, no development kit.

Rather than go and contact Epic, package the files the original udk installer spits out into a custom installer solution like Nsis.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Probably a good idea.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I guess this is something that I need to contact Epic directly about huh? at udklicensing@epicgames.com

Leave a comment:

• Showing UDK EULA for actual game when finished... (Are we supposed to be showing it?)

My game is getting close to completion... and noticed that players (eventually customers) are still seeing the UDK EULA poping up when first installing game.

This is probably going to be very confusing for the end customers since they are going to think I am installing somesort of secondary software or malware along with my game since most people are not going to know what UDK is.

Once the game is packaged up... were not distrubuting UDK developers kit are we? (just the finished game that uses the unreal engine)

Are we supposed to disable/change this?

I thought the only thing we absolute had to keep was the udk intro logo at beginning of game.

I don't remember ever seeing 2 EULA that the customer had to agree to before in any other commercial game (the game's eula and the engine's)

Do we get more info about this once we purchase the $100 license?

Thanks
    Bill
Working...
X